babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Copy MP3 onto the Internal Hard Drive - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: In Car Electronics (/Forum-In-Car-Electronics)
+--- Thread: Copy MP3 onto the Internal Hard Drive (/Thread-Copy-MP3-onto-the-Internal-Hard-Drive)

Copy MP3 onto the Internal Hard Drive - masmullin - 01-03-2012 11:39pm

Can I copy MP3s from a flash drive on to the cars internal HDD? If so, how?

RE: Copy MP3 onto the Internal Hard Drive - PhilSkill - 01-03-2012 11:46pm

No, the hard drive has allotted space for 10 cd's in full quality. I use a USB Hard drive in the centre storage, although frankly a decent size usb stick will do.

RE: Copy MP3 onto the Internal Hard Drive - masmullin - 01-03-2012 11:55pm

(01-03-2012 11:46pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  No, the hard drive has allotted space for 10 cd's in full quality. I use a USB Hard drive in the centre storage, although frankly a decent size usb stick will do.

Im using a 32G USB stick at the moment, however Im worried that the USB stick is a drain on the battery (the stick has a light) and I've already forgotten to unplug it a few times now.

Who listens to CDs now adays anyway?

RE: Copy MP3 onto the Internal Hard Drive - WorldTraveler - 03-03-2012 04:24pm

(01-03-2012 11:55pm)masmullin Wrote:  Im using a 32G USB stick at the moment, however Im worried that the USB stick is a drain on the battery (the stick has a light) and I've already forgotten to unplug it a few times now.

Who listens to CDs now adays anyway?

The light is an LED, I would be very suprised if it drained the battery even if left plugged in for a whole month and the car locked and unused...

RE: Copy MP3 onto the Internal Hard Drive - cjfp - 03-03-2012 04:45pm

Mines been plugged in since mid Dec without problem.

RE: Copy MP3 onto the Internal Hard Drive - XFullFatTim - 03-03-2012 06:46pm

It doesn't switch off after the 10 minutes that the Nanny State (aka LR) allows you to have the audio powered up?

RE: Copy MP3 onto the Internal Hard Drive - PhilSkill - 03-03-2012 07:48pm

I did a test with a USB Desk lamp that i could see outside the vehicle, the USB ports in the centre consol switch on and off with locking/10 min shutdown. So no power drain from leaving any usb devices in.

RE: Copy MP3 onto the Internal Hard Drive - masmullin - 03-03-2012 08:33pm

(03-03-2012 07:48pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  I did a test with a USB Desk lamp that i could see outside the vehicle, the USB ports in the centre consol switch on and off with locking/10 min shutdown. So no power drain from leaving any usb devices in.

Awesome!!! Again my thanks guys.