babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Say What You See SWYS Voice control - and iPhone Siri - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: In Car Electronics (/Forum-In-Car-Electronics)
+--- Thread: Say What You See SWYS Voice control - and iPhone Siri (/Thread-Say-What-You-See-SWYS-Voice-control-and-iPhone-Siri)

Pages: 1 2

Say What You See SWYS Voice control - and iPhone Siri - The V - 21-02-2012 04:19pm

How are you getting on with the voice technology? and also have you tried iPhone 4S Siri via the bluetooth set up.. does it work well?

Please give you experiences with the two.

Thank you!

RE: Say What You See SWYS Voice control - and iPhone Siri - dandavis1 - 21-02-2012 04:44pm

Siri on the iPhone is useless and, working through the Bluetooth with all the road noise, Siri becomes even more useless.

SWYS is useful for certain things and works well.

Say What You See SWYS Voice control - and iPhone Siri - Rossy100 - 21-02-2012 04:51pm

Useless or useful debate aside...... Can you actually use the steering wheel controls to activate Siri? (or do you have to press the actual home button on iPhone as usual).

RE: Say What You See SWYS Voice control - and iPhone Siri - The V - 21-02-2012 05:13pm

(21-02-2012 04:44pm)dandavis1 Wrote:  Siri on the iPhone is useless and, working through the Bluetooth with all the road noise, Siri becomes even more useless.

SWYS is useful for certain things and works well.

Thanks Dan.

My main needs are:
• make quick and safe satnav entries so hopefully SWYS is good for that
• "write" emails with my voice - was hoping Siri would be great through the system but it sounds like I'll need to hook up a direct mic.

Anyone finding good ways (work arounds) to do these things?

RE: Say What You See SWYS Voice control - and iPhone Siri - griff - 21-02-2012 06:10pm

Why would you be writing emails whilst driving. You won't be concentrating on the road and will probably get nicked. Or are you planning to do it when parked?
Seems dangerous to me but what do I know. Wink

RE: Say What You See SWYS Voice control - and iPhone Siri - The V - 21-02-2012 06:20pm

(21-02-2012 06:10pm)griff Wrote:  Why would you be writing emails whilst driving. You won't be concentrating on the road and will probably get nicked. Or are you planning to do it when parked?
Seems dangerous to me but what do I know. Wink

Er.. "Writing emails with my voice". the clue is in the thread and the question. Thats' the point of Siri and iPhone.. to make things easy and safe while driving. Welcome to the future!

RE: Say What You See SWYS Voice control - and iPhone Siri - dandavis1 - 21-02-2012 06:21pm

Satnav input with SWYS is the one bit that doesn't work. For example, if you want to go to SE19 8AS, SWYS is only interested on SE19 8. So the destination area is huge.

RE: Say What You See SWYS Voice control - and iPhone Siri - griff - 21-02-2012 06:37pm

(21-02-2012 06:20pm)The V Wrote:  Er.. "Writing emails with my voice". the clue is in the thread and the question. Thats' the point of Siri and iPhone.. to make things easy and safe while driving. Welcome to the future!
I am so out of date!

RE: Say What You See SWYS Voice control - and iPhone Siri - defender_uk - 21-02-2012 06:52pm

+1 Griff!!

RE: Say What You See SWYS Voice control - and iPhone Siri - XFullFatTim - 21-02-2012 10:15pm

There has just been a really good "road test" of Siri and Smartphones on BBC Radio4's program for the blind "In Touch". Their verdict - it is no use even to the sighted as it has too many glitches and needs refining more