babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Changing Maps on Navigation - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: Changing Maps on Navigation (/Thread-Changing-Maps-on-Navigation)

Changing Maps on Navigation - DustinDep - 14-02-2012 12:14am

I have a New US Spec Evoque that i just received last week which when i ordered i was told they would have no problems loading the European maps on the nav instead of the US ones, I ve also a 135i that is US spec that they done this with no problem but now after receiveing the vehicle here in the UK they tell me i cant load the European maps on it, and i really dont want to slap a Tom Tom on a 60K motor i just bought can anyone please help me!!

RE: Changing Maps on Navigation - XFullFatTim - 14-02-2012 12:16am

You could go to any LR dealer's accessory shop and spend something like £120 and buy the Dvd of European maps and insert that in the drive. I suspect you would then loose your US maps though.

RE: Changing Maps on Navigation - DustinDep - 23-02-2012 09:19am

I contacted them and they told me they could try but it could corrupt my navigation unit and they wouldnt be responsible not sure what to do now as i dont want to have a tom tom stuck in the window of my new range rover

RE: Changing Maps on Navigation - Daigriff - 23-02-2012 09:27am

If they told you it would accept European maps I would insist on LR sorting it out even if you have to pay for the maps.

Can I ask why you seem to have paid a premium for a US spec car?

RE: Changing Maps on Navigation - DustinDep - 23-02-2012 10:50am

thats 60k in Dollars mate, not pounds lol just called them again and they said they wont do it at all now even though when i bought the vehicle they said it could be done no problem, what kind of customer service is this really? With my BMW it was no problem at all
Does anyone know the dispute resolution number for the UK?

RE: Changing Maps on Navigation - Daigriff - 23-02-2012 01:58pm

Haha, that makes sense if it's in dollars.

Welcome to the wonderfull world of LR. Sadly they appear tobe miles behind the Germans and Japanese maufacturers for after sales from my experience.

Good luck anyway

RE: Changing Maps on Navigation - WorldTraveler - 27-02-2012 03:26pm

(23-02-2012 10:50am)DustinDep Wrote:  thats 60k in Dollars mate, not pounds lol just called them again and they said they wont do it at all now even though when i bought the vehicle they said it could be done no problem, what kind of customer service is this really? With my BMW it was no problem at all
Does anyone know the dispute resolution number for the UK?

Customer Service .. Rolling with LaughterRolling with Laughter