babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Question: Navigation Voice - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: Question: Navigation Voice (/Thread-Question-Navigation-Voice)

Pages: 1 2

Question: Navigation Voice - mbs9 - 02-02-2012 07:12pm

I'm a RRE owner here in the US. It's my first Range Rover (and it's brilliant!). I understand with other Range Rover models, there's an option to have the navigation voice "speak" with a British accent. I can't seem to find that option in the Evoque, and I've searched everywhere in the system. Am I missing something or is the RRE missing that option? Thanks!

Question: Navigation Voice - RoverMD - 03-02-2012 09:17am

If you switch to UK you can't use the nav in the US. It seems to switch the location with the voice. Can't just switch the voice.

RE: Question: Navigation Voice - bly2425 - 06-09-2012 02:15am

Hi US RRE owner here as well. I have a similar question: During the hand over at the dealership the car's voice was unmistakably a British female, which I really liked. However, after my attempts to change the voice to male when playing with the system setup, I no longer have the option to choose English (UK) for voice guidance. Any idea why that is? Is there a way to go back to the British voice? Thanks!

You Brits just have a damn good accent.

Question: Navigation Voice - Stadt Panzer - 06-09-2012 05:46am

I had the British accent on mine but every time it spoke the name of a German town, it was sooooo wrong that I changed it to the US lady. At least she doesn't bother to try!!!

RE: Question: Navigation Voice - Westwardho - 07-09-2012 01:20am

Been lurking for the past month or so but this thread made me register so I could reply. I have the same issue. When I first got my Evoque I had the English (UK) voice but I changed it to English (US) voice while playing around. Went to change it back to the English (UK) voice and it was gone! French, Spanish and a zillion other languages I don't speak but no English (UK). I asked my dealer who I think thought I might be insane. Last we talked he was going to ask the service manager but I haven't heard the results of that yet.

Anyone know if it's possible to "reboot" the system? Disconnect the battery for a certain length of time maybe?

RE: Question: Navigation Voice - TicketBait - 29-10-2012 05:03am

So when I pick mine up if it has the British female voice I am not changing anything Wink

RE: Question: Navigation Voice - Wired - 02-11-2012 09:53am

(02-02-2012 07:12pm)mbs9 Wrote:  I'm a RRE owner here in the US. It's my first Range Rover (and it's brilliant!). I understand with other Range Rover models, there's an option to have the navigation voice "speak" with a British accent. I can't seem to find that option in the Evoque, and I've searched everywhere in the system. Am I missing something or is the RRE missing that option? Thanks!

The voice is coupled to were you are using the car. I am Dutch and for me to use the spoken commands with the sat nav, I have to set it to Dutch for it to use the Dutch map.
So switch the map to English and you get an English voice, but you will not be able to use voice activated navigation functions anywhere else.

RE: Question: Navigation Voice - doug - 02-11-2012 05:23pm

So if you drive a UK RRE to spain, switching the map to show Spain. Are all the voice commands now in Spanish ? That can't be right.

Question: Navigation Voice - Stadt Panzer - 02-11-2012 05:45pm

No the commands in English simply won't work....... I use the touch screen whilst in Europe.

Re: Question: Navigation Voice - Easty - 02-11-2012 06:06pm

I hope this is fixed.. Ive listened to an angry yank lady fir 5yrs in my current mb. I can swap it to a softly spoken hertfordshire lady, but it reverts back. they should sell voice fonts, certainly pay extra for an andrea corr voice... Smile

Sent from my ST17a using Tapatalk 2