Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Question: Navigation Voice
mbs9

I'm a RRE owner here in the US. It's my first Range Rover (and it's brilliant!). I understand with other Range Rover models, there's an option to have the navigation voice "speak" with a British accent. I can't seem to find that option in the Evoque, and I've searched everywhere in the system. Am I missing something or is the RRE missing that option? Thanks!
02-02-2012 07:12pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RoverMD

If you switch to UK you can't use the nav in the US. It seems to switch the location with the voice. Can't just switch the voice.

'12 Dynamic - Buckingham Blue
03-02-2012 09:17am
bly2425

RE: Question: Navigation Voice

Hi US RRE owner here as well. I have a similar question: During the hand over at the dealership the car's voice was unmistakably a British female, which I really liked. However, after my attempts to change the voice to male when playing with the system setup, I no longer have the option to choose English (UK) for voice guidance. Any idea why that is? Is there a way to go back to the British voice? Thanks!

You Brits just have a damn good accent.
06-09-2012 02:15am
Stadt Panzer

I had the British accent on mine but every time it spoke the name of a German town, it was sooooo wrong that I changed it to the US lady. At least she doesn't bother to try!!!

Somewhere in the North Sea.
06-09-2012 05:46am
Westwardho

Been lurking for the past month or so but this thread made me register so I could reply. I have the same issue. When I first got my Evoque I had the English (UK) voice but I changed it to English (US) voice while playing around. Went to change it back to the English (UK) voice and it was gone! French, Spanish and a zillion other languages I don't speak but no English (UK). I asked my dealer who I think thought I might be insane. Last we talked he was going to ask the service manager but I haven't heard the results of that yet.

Anyone know if it's possible to "reboot" the system? Disconnect the battery for a certain length of time maybe?

Pure Premium in Fuji White with Almond Espresso grained leather interior, climate comfort control and satellite radio
07-09-2012 01:20am
TicketBait

So when I pick mine up if it has the British female voice I am not changing anything Wink
29-10-2012 05:03am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Wired

(02-02-2012 07:12pm)mbs9 Wrote:  I'm a RRE owner here in the US. It's my first Range Rover (and it's brilliant!). I understand with other Range Rover models, there's an option to have the navigation voice "speak" with a British accent. I can't seem to find that option in the Evoque, and I've searched everywhere in the system. Am I missing something or is the RRE missing that option? Thanks!

The voice is coupled to were you are using the car. I am Dutch and for me to use the spoken commands with the sat nav, I have to set it to Dutch for it to use the Dutch map.
So switch the map to English and you get an English voice, but you will not be able to use voice activated navigation functions anywhere else.

SD4 Automatic Prestige BALTIC BLUE - 5 DOOR - 19" wheels - Xeons - Tech pack - winter pack - Pano roof
02-11-2012 09:53am
doug

So if you drive a UK RRE to spain, switching the map to show Spain. Are all the voice commands now in Spanish ? That can't be right.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
02-11-2012 05:23pm
Stadt Panzer

No the commands in English simply won't work....... I use the touch screen whilst in Europe.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
02-11-2012 05:45pm
Easty

Re: Question: Navigation Voice

I hope this is fixed.. Ive listened to an angry yank lady fir 5yrs in my current mb. I can swap it to a softly spoken hertfordshire lady, but it reverts back. they should sell voice fonts, certainly pay extra for an andrea corr voice... Smile

Sent from my ST17a using Tapatalk 2
02-11-2012 06:06pm