babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Customer Services tell it like it is - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Customer Services tell it like it is (/Thread-Customer-Services-tell-it-like-it-is)

Pages: 1 2 3

Customer Services tell it like it is - Daglass - 24-01-2012 07:10pm

Having ordered my car in October and promised a delivery of February when paying the deposit I was less than impressed when my salesman emailed me in January to say he expected the car in March but couldn't guarantee it.
This month I asked if I had made the January allocation and was informed the whole dealership had heard nothing.
Fearing the worst I contacted LR Customer Services seeking an answer.
Credit where credit is due their customer services are very attentive and efficient and above all tell it like it is.
Bottom line - my order might make the March allocation with a build in May or June with delivery no later than July.
It's a shocking state of affairs when the dealerships can't even inform you when they expect you to make the allocation.

ANyway I'm thinking it over and sleeping on it but right now I'm very tempted to simply cancel.

RE: Customer Services tell it like it is - xxxx5 - 24-01-2012 07:13pm

Totally appreciate what your going through, but I picked mine up on Friday but after an initial wobble is was really worth the 325 day wait. This is a very special car.

RE: Customer Services tell it like it is - dandavis1 - 24-01-2012 07:41pm

I went to Topps Tiles yesterday with a question about sealing tiles. The salesman gave me an answer but wasn't totally sure so made about six phone calls until he knew the information he was giving me was correct. So I spent £21 in their store.

You're spending £40,000-odd and your dealership couldn't have made that call for you? Crap.

RE: Customer Services tell it like it is - The Valeter - 24-01-2012 08:10pm

(24-01-2012 07:41pm)dandavis1 Wrote:  I went to Topps Tiles yesterday with a question about sealing tiles. The salesman gave me an answer but wasn't totally sure so made about six phone calls until he knew the information he was giving me was correct. So I spent £21 in their store.

You're spending £40,000-odd and your dealership couldn't have made that call for you? Crap.

Good valid point!!

RE: Customer Services tell it like it is - LDT - 24-01-2012 09:13pm

Sorry to read of your bad news. I hope you decide to wait, as it seems that all who have taken delivery forget delayed delivery/bad dealer experiences, with some getting delivery earlier than expected. Let us know what you decide.

I read on another forum that an order placed recently was given a delivery date of December. If this is the case, then there has been no levelling out of orders as some expected following the launch/initial hype.

RE: Customer Services tell it like it is - barbarad - 24-01-2012 09:13pm

(24-01-2012 07:10pm)Daglass Wrote:  Having ordered my car in October and promised a delivery of February when paying the deposit I was less than impressed when my salesman emailed me in January to say he expected the car in March but couldn't guarantee it.
This month I asked if I had made the January allocation and was informed the whole dealership had heard nothing.
Fearing the worst I contacted LR Customer Services seeking an answer.
Credit where credit is due their customer services are very attentive and efficient and above all tell it like it is.
Bottom line - my order might make the March allocation with a build in May or June with delivery no later than July.
It's a shocking state of affairs when the dealerships can't even inform you when they expect you to make the allocation.

ANyway I'm thinking it over and sleeping on it but right now I'm very tempted to simply cancel.

What number did you contact, I want to contact Customer Services to see if what the dealer is advising my delivery is correct? I have been told mine should be rolling of the production line next week, I want to take delivery 1st March

RE: Customer Services tell it like it is - LDT - 24-01-2012 09:26pm

0870 5000 500

RE: Customer Services tell it like it is - ytshome - 24-01-2012 10:21pm

(24-01-2012 08:10pm)The Valeter Wrote:  Good valid point!!

+1Cool

RE: Customer Services tell it like it is - Evo-king - 24-01-2012 10:57pm

(24-01-2012 07:41pm)dandavis1 Wrote:  I went to Topps Tiles yesterday with a question about sealing tiles. The salesman gave me an answer but wasn't totally sure so made about six phone calls until he knew the information he was giving me was correct. So I spent £21 in their store.

Definitely, one of your better posts Dan, I like the logic.

RE: Customer Services tell it like it is - Daglass - 24-01-2012 11:20pm

And having thought about it I'm cancelling in the morning.
Atrocious behaviour from an apparently prestige brand.
I get better service in poundland