Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Customer Services tell it like it is
Daglass

Customer Services tell it like it is

Having ordered my car in October and promised a delivery of February when paying the deposit I was less than impressed when my salesman emailed me in January to say he expected the car in March but couldn't guarantee it.
This month I asked if I had made the January allocation and was informed the whole dealership had heard nothing.
Fearing the worst I contacted LR Customer Services seeking an answer.
Credit where credit is due their customer services are very attentive and efficient and above all tell it like it is.
Bottom line - my order might make the March allocation with a build in May or June with delivery no later than July.
It's a shocking state of affairs when the dealerships can't even inform you when they expect you to make the allocation.

ANyway I'm thinking it over and sleeping on it but right now I'm very tempted to simply cancel.

Pure 5 Door, SD4, Orkney Grey, Pano Roof, Style 6 Alloys, Front Sensors, Rear Camera, Fogs, Tailgate
Ordered - October 15 2011
Built - March 30 2012
Delivery - April 18 2012
Sold - December 24 2014
24-01-2012 07:10pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
xxxx5

RE: Customer Services tell it like it is

Totally appreciate what your going through, but I picked mine up on Friday but after an initial wobble is was really worth the 325 day wait. This is a very special car.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
24-01-2012 07:13pm
dandavis1

I went to Topps Tiles yesterday with a question about sealing tiles. The salesman gave me an answer but wasn't totally sure so made about six phone calls until he knew the information he was giving me was correct. So I spent £21 in their store.

You're spending £40,000-odd and your dealership couldn't have made that call for you? Crap.
(This post was last modified: 24-01-2012 07:42pm by dandavis1.)
24-01-2012 07:41pm
The Valeter

(24-01-2012 07:41pm)dandavis1 Wrote:  I went to Topps Tiles yesterday with a question about sealing tiles. The salesman gave me an answer but wasn't totally sure so made about six phone calls until he knew the information he was giving me was correct. So I spent £21 in their store.

You're spending £40,000-odd and your dealership couldn't have made that call for you? Crap.

Good valid point!!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
24-01-2012 08:10pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LDT

Sorry to read of your bad news. I hope you decide to wait, as it seems that all who have taken delivery forget delayed delivery/bad dealer experiences, with some getting delivery earlier than expected. Let us know what you decide.

I read on another forum that an order placed recently was given a delivery date of December. If this is the case, then there has been no levelling out of orders as some expected following the launch/initial hype.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
24-01-2012 09:13pm
barbarad

(24-01-2012 07:10pm)Daglass Wrote:  Having ordered my car in October and promised a delivery of February when paying the deposit I was less than impressed when my salesman emailed me in January to say he expected the car in March but couldn't guarantee it.
This month I asked if I had made the January allocation and was informed the whole dealership had heard nothing.
Fearing the worst I contacted LR Customer Services seeking an answer.
Credit where credit is due their customer services are very attentive and efficient and above all tell it like it is.
Bottom line - my order might make the March allocation with a build in May or June with delivery no later than July.
It's a shocking state of affairs when the dealerships can't even inform you when they expect you to make the allocation.

ANyway I'm thinking it over and sleeping on it but right now I'm very tempted to simply cancel.

What number did you contact, I want to contact Customer Services to see if what the dealer is advising my delivery is correct? I have been told mine should be rolling of the production line next week, I want to take delivery 1st March

Very Happy Fuji White Coupe SD4 * Panoramic Roof, Ebony Lining, Parking Aid Front, Privacy Glass, Puddle Lamps, Front Fog Lamps, Mat, Flaps, Treadplates.Arrow
24-01-2012 09:13pm
LDT

0870 5000 500

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
24-01-2012 09:26pm
ytshome

(24-01-2012 08:10pm)The Valeter Wrote:  Good valid point!!

+1Cool

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
24-01-2012 10:21pm
Evo-king

(24-01-2012 07:41pm)dandavis1 Wrote:  I went to Topps Tiles yesterday with a question about sealing tiles. The salesman gave me an answer but wasn't totally sure so made about six phone calls until he knew the information he was giving me was correct. So I spent £21 in their store.

Definitely, one of your better posts Dan, I like the logic.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
24-01-2012 10:57pm
Daglass

And having thought about it I'm cancelling in the morning.
Atrocious behaviour from an apparently prestige brand.
I get better service in poundland

Pure 5 Door, SD4, Orkney Grey, Pano Roof, Style 6 Alloys, Front Sensors, Rear Camera, Fogs, Tailgate
Ordered - October 15 2011
Built - March 30 2012
Delivery - April 18 2012
Sold - December 24 2014
24-01-2012 11:20pm