babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Windscreen Tag Location - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Windscreen Tag Location (/Thread-Windscreen-Tag-Location)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Windscreen Tag Location - andrewcui - 04-04-2012 07:53am

(02-04-2012 08:25am)Blackie36 Wrote:  Andrew - which Australian toll tag have you got? Can't seem to get my E-way (m5 / eastern distributor issued) tag to work anywhere on the screen.

Any chance you can post a photo of its placement?

Cheers

Hi. I'm in Melbourne using an ETag which works on all the toll roads down here..

*edit - pic didn't work.. i'll try again when i get home

RE: Windscreen Tag Location - mpw - 05-04-2012 08:36pm

Have now fitted a French telepeage tag to my RRE Prestige. Checked it worked first by holding it to the black dot areas as drove through and 'beep' and up went the barrier and through. Fitted the tag holder to the windscreen today on the passenger side (I have a RHD car) in the black dotted area. Was on the autoroutes today and can confirm that the signal is read and the barrier activated as I'm at the barrier (not stopping but at slow speed).

RE: Windscreen Tag Location - upstoke - 05-04-2012 09:18pm

(05-04-2012 08:36pm)mpw Wrote:  Have now fitted a French telepeage tag to my RRE Prestige. Checked it worked first by holding it to the black dot areas as drove through and 'beep' and up went the barrier and through. Fitted the tag holder to the windscreen today on the passenger side (I have a RHD car) in the black dotted area. Was on the autoroutes today and can confirm that the signal is read and the barrier activated as I'm at the barrier (not stopping but at slow speed).

Just did exactly he same last night on our RRE Dynamic. Tag worked fine on all French peages including 30 kph lanes. Saneftolling, who supply TAG , say tag is same as uk toll tags and Australian tags.

RE: Windscreen Tag Location - BA74 - 17-06-2012 11:34am

Hi,
Got my Evoque last week and loving it!
Have been through toll points numerous times snd still can't find a location that works on the windscreen.
Am using EWay tag and travel mainly along M2 & M7 in Sydney Australia.
Any suggestions appreciated!

RE: Windscreen Tag Location - Neo - 18-08-2012 08:43am

FYI, picked up my car 5 days ago and apparently there is a cutout from the windscreen tint for the etag to be placed. Yes, that's right, I think the front windscreen has a tinted film on it and there was a cutout on the left hand side of the rear mirror for my etag. And yes, the etag works on the tolls. It must be present on the new models as a friend of mine who received his car 3 months ago didn't have this at all.

Windscreen Tag Location - QUEEVO - 19-08-2012 12:26am

Mine works fine on the left of the mirror... Good there too because I can't see it! I did mount it to the left of all the little dots - works fine.

RE: Windscreen Tag Location - BA74 - 19-08-2012 04:40am

Thanks, got mine to work in the same spot as Queevo.
Took some experimenting but on the left side of the mirror on the edge of the dotted section works fine.

RE: Windscreen Tag Location - chrisp2u - 21-08-2012 09:17pm

Has anyone in the US had any issues with toll passes?

I'm in New York and have an E-Zpass. Tried holding it up next to the mirror in the specified area a couple times, and and have had mixed results so far. Read it once, and not another in 2 attempts. Called the E-Zpass people to inquire about a license plate mounted version, but the RRE isn't on their "list" of vehicles approved for outside passes... so they wouldn't issue one. Just told me to keep trying it and file a complaint if it consistently doesn't work.

I'm going to actually mount the pass up there this week and see how it goes. Should be fun disputing all of the lane E-Z lane violations, I'm sure. We shall see.
---
c

RE: Windscreen Tag Location - jettie1767 - 26-08-2012 01:39pm

(21-08-2012 09:17pm)chrisp2u Wrote:  Has anyone in the US had any issues with toll passes?

I'm in New York and have an E-Zpass. Tried holding it up next to the mirror in the specified area a couple times, and and have had mixed results so far. Read it once, and not another in 2 attempts. Called the E-Zpass people to inquire about a license plate mounted version, but the RRE isn't on their "list" of vehicles approved for outside passes... so they wouldn't issue one. Just told me to keep trying it and file a complaint if it consistently doesn't work.

I'm going to actually mount the pass up there this week and see how it goes. Should be fun disputing all of the lane E-Z lane violations, I'm sure. We shall see.
---
c

Hit or miss for me as well so I ordered a tag that attaches to the plates.

RE: Windscreen Tag Location - couplands - 25-05-2015 09:52pm

Hi,

I'm a bit confused re: the specific location of the tag.

I have a UK spec car, with solar attenuating glass and have the clear space to the left of the rear view mirror. However, this space is still covered by the heating elements in the screen. The instructions in the tag state that it should be placed in an area away from the heating elements.

I have the https://www.saneftolling.co.uk/ tag.

Any users care to advise on where they have placed theirs, especially if you have solar attenuating glass..?

cheers

simon