Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Windscreen Tag Location
an2ony

Windscreen Tag Location

Can somebody tell me where at the top of the windscreen my toll road tag should be located? I noticed a dotted area at the right of the rear view mirror, will this area allow the tag to transmit correctly?
15-01-2012 10:11pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
upstoke

RE: Windscreen Tag Location

(15-01-2012 10:11pm)an2ony Wrote:  Can somebody tell me where at the top of the windscreen my toll road tag should be located? I noticed a dotted area at the right of the rear view mirror, will this area allow the tag to transmit correctly?

Have you fitted a French toll tag, and did it work?. There doesn't seem much space for a tag that isnot covered by heating elements. I have auto dipping adaptive lights and forward facing camera takes up most of none heated area.
02-04-2012 01:16am
andrewcui

Windscreen Tag Location

The dotted area works for my toll tag in Australia. Anywhere else it doesn't seem to work

Arrived: SD4 Dynamic, Auto, Black in and out, Style 6 rims, Pano roof, Reverse camera, Privacy glass
02-04-2012 07:12am
Blackie36

Windscreen Tag Location

(02-04-2012 07:12am)andrewcui Wrote:  The dotted area works for my toll tag in Australia. Anywhere else it doesn't seem to work

Andrew - which Australian toll tag have you got? Can't seem to get my E-way (m5 / eastern distributor issued) tag to work anywhere on the screen.

Any chance you can post a photo of its placement?

Cheers
02-04-2012 08:25am
Evoque U

Hey blackie, I'm having trouble with the same e-way tag on my front windscreen. Funny enough when I hold it up to the panoramic roof it beeps

Si4 5 door Prestige,Fuji white,spirit interior,prestige tech pack,adaptive dynamics, heated seats,keyless entry,park assist,surround cameras,panoramic roof,adaptive xenon headlamps.aftermarket 20" Wheels

Living the dream since 10/3/12
02-04-2012 10:41am
Blackie36

Windscreen Tag Location

I don't have the panoramic roof so have not successfully used the tag since I picked up the car a week ago.

They told me to go into the service centre in the city and they would
test it with a handheld reader. Apparently they have a new smaller tag available but I don't think it performs any differently.

Let me know if you figure it out!
02-04-2012 12:32pm
mpw

I've just purchased a French toll/peage electronic tag. Reading the bumf they give you it states the black dotted area is where you stick the holder. I have solar attenuating glass so it'll be a tight fit but should be okay (will be doing this in the next day or so). In trying out the tag I held it against the black dotted area and the tele-peage beeped and let me through. Wonderful technology!
02-04-2012 05:49pm
upstoke

(02-04-2012 05:49pm)mpw Wrote:  I've just purchased a French toll/peage electronic tag. Reading the bumf they give you it states the black dotted area is where you stick the holder. I have solar attenuating glass so it'll be a tight fit but should be okay (will be doing this in the next day or so). In trying out the tag I held it against the black dotted area and the tele-peage beeped and let me through. Wonderful technology!

I am assuming the black dotted area on your car is the same tiny area either side of the mirror housing that I have. Glad it worked as I was concerned it may not through such a small area. Dealer contacted LR today and official response was that they couldn't comment on non official LR accessories. Not very helpful.
02-04-2012 06:21pm
smayo

The M6 toll tag has to go in the dotted area.
I would assume the technology is similar worldwide.

Ordered 17/2/12 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Mauritius Blue, Pan roof, 20" style 6 (gloss black), Vortex, Ebony Headlining, Ent Pack, Heated St. Wheel, Homelink, Pr Glass, Auto Dim r.view mirror, spare wheel
02-04-2012 08:21pm
mpw

Upstoke - The black dotted area in my Prestige is either side of the mirror housing, same as yours. The holder will go there, on the passenger side, and the tag in France is removable so it can be used in different cars. While not too much space it'll fit snuggly. Now I know what the black dotted on windscreens is for!
03-04-2012 04:29pm