babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
LED Turn signals - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: LED Turn signals (/Thread-LED-Turn-signals)

Pages: 1 2

LED Turn signals - dima - 09-01-2012 05:09pm

I am wondering, if it is possible to replace the turn signal bulbs by LED-Lights. Did anyone try this yet? Because all the other outside lights are LED, the turn signals are not looking that good.

I know that the LED turn signal lights are not allowed.

Thanks, Dima

RE: LED Turn signals - LIONHEAD - 10-01-2012 06:15am

Didn't the 2009 BMW 3 series come standard with LED turn signals? I think they did.

To upgrade to LEDs you probably need to either use led flashers or load resistors to the correct ohms. This will correct the rapid flashing and "bulb out" on the dash. Just becareful, load resistors runs very hot and can start melting any plastics or wires inside your housing and therefore you might want to use aluminum mounting plate for added safety.

I had to add load resistors when I upgraded the jaguar's led taillights.

RE: LED Turn signals - The Valeter - 10-01-2012 10:41am

Led turn signals must be legal or at least in the UK anyway as they are in many newer buses & I've seen them in a lot of BMW's, Astons & available as aftermarket/optional lights.

RE: LED Turn signals - dandavis1 - 10-01-2012 11:07am

Aren't they also available on the Vogue and Sport? I was surprised that Evoques don't have them.

RE: LED Turn signals - dima - 10-01-2012 01:19pm

LED turn signals are legal, if they are designed and build in by the manufacturer.

I am talking about LED replacement "bulbs" like these:

http://www.benzinfabrik.de/de/led-blinker-10w-21w/led-blinker-ba15s-p21w/30er_smd_led_blinker_ba15s_orange/

Thanks, Dima

RE: LED Turn signals - LIONHEAD - 10-01-2012 05:14pm

ahhh.....are those the error free LED bulbs (can't read German). I've bought some error free bulbs for my previous MB's city light and they worked pretty good without any bulb out in the dash. They come with load resistors built in the bulb.

RE: LED Turn signals - XFullFatTim - 11-01-2012 05:33pm

I have LED indicator lights on my Defender (it used to blow the standard £14 a time sealed mushroom fittings very easily) and have not had any problems with them other than the guys who fitted them had to find a different relay to the one supplied by the light unit makers to get the flasher speed right. Have used them for 5 years without a blown unit (there are 12 LEDs in them) and also passed 5 MOT's without any query from the testers. I also have LEd side lights and LED brake lights that are way brighter than the LR standard issue - the tail lights are so bright than when I first had them fitted I thought that my rear fog light was showing all the time! If any other defender owners are interested the units I have are sold by a company called RiverRunners

RE: LED Turn signals - Claud - 11-01-2012 10:25pm

I have put LED sidelights, brake lights and interior lights on my Defender, the side lights are bright enough to substitute as DRLs. Haven t felt the need to do the indicators.

I am not sure which lights are incandescent versus LED on the Evoque apart from the indicators and boot light. I have ordered an LED boot light. Is it worthwhile upgrading any others to LEDS?

RE: LED Turn signals - XFullFatTim - 12-01-2012 01:40pm

Claud I agree about the LED side lights - my sidelights are brighter than the headlights now!

RE: LED Turn signals - defender_uk - 12-01-2012 05:45pm

where did u guys get the leds for the defender?