babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Pure TD4 deliveries - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Pure TD4 deliveries (/Thread-Pure-TD4-deliveries)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Pure TD4 deliveries - Westy - 30-01-2012 11:36am

(30-01-2012 09:29am)BFGEvoqueMan Wrote:  Just collected mine - brill more details to follow.

The towbar is dealer fit, but needs a massive (15 x 10 cm) cut. Go for a witter detachable; I got mine from a retailer on e-bay for £258 delivered (to UK). It is now rated at 1900kg and 125kg noseweight (originally 75kg). I also got the electrics kit in Germany (they do post to Uk for €60 delivered). PM me for details. Good thing about the witter is it only needs a 15mm x 6cm cut. Suspect this would please the lease company moreConfused:

Great news you have your car, unfortunately the towbar was part of my factory order extras so I have no control, I think it may come as a LR bar. I agree it is a shame it is such a cut to the bumper. Perhaps for the future LR will follow the lead from discovery 4 and q5 and have a panel in the bumper that is just removed for the bar and then replaced when you have finished, leaving nice clean lines.

I have had witter bars in the past and they still seem to be the best.

Will look forward to your photographs.

Enjoy Very Happy

RE: Pure TD4 deliveries - wilsonmg - 30-01-2012 11:45am

(30-01-2012 09:29am)BFGEvoqueMan Wrote:  Just collected mine - brill more details to follow.

The towbar is dealer fit, but needs a massive (15 x 10 cm) cut. Go for a witter detachable; I got mine from a retailer on e-bay for £258 delivered (to UK). It is now rated at 1900kg and 125kg noseweight (originally 75kg). I also got the electrics kit in Germany (they do post to Uk for €60 delivered). PM me for details. Good thing about the witter is it only needs a 15mm x 6cm cut. Suspect this would please the lease company moreConfused:

PM sent for the Towbar info Very Happy

RE: Pure TD4 deliveries - Westy - 02-02-2012 04:08pm

Had the call today, car coming on wednesday, it seems some more have been let through the loop

I hope people in a similar situation get their calls soon.

To avoid confusion I have posted a thread in the home page My Range Rover Evoque section "just had the call"

Perhaps my addiction to the forum will now subside Laughing

RE: Pure TD4 deliveries - VirtualCamper - 26-02-2012 09:04pm

sorry if already posted, but this is the dealer fitted flange towbar, I didn't like it and they are switching it to a fixed swan neck
[Image: ?action=view¤t=c4636693.jpg]

sorry - trying again
[Image: c4636693.jpg]