babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Tailgate Question ? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: Tailgate Question ? (/Thread-Tailgate-Question)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Tailgate Question ? - invoke - 01-01-2012 05:28am

While sitting in my office on the 3rd floor and looking down my new evoque, I pressed the lock button to check the range and unfortunately pressed the tailgate one to discover... Guess what !! it worked... my "wow" words shortly slurred to "what the heck !!" when I was unable to close the tailgate with the remote... I have to run down the parking lot in cold 28F to shut it........ who the heck is the designer of this module... so retarded... it only closes with the dedicated "close" switch on the tailgate....

is it the same for the rest of the evoques ?? Rolling Eyes

RE: Tailgate Question ? - defender_uk - 01-01-2012 09:38am

uhm...yes....Sad

RE: Tailgate Question ? - pureevoque - 01-01-2012 10:27am

Can you close from button on dash or only tailgate?

Tailgate Question ? - flurberman - 01-01-2012 10:36am

Seems like a good opportunity for someone techy to produce a mod allowing the boot to be closed remotely from the key fob.

Si4 Dynamic Coupe with LUX pack, privacy glass, stornoway grey.

RE: Tailgate Question ? - cjfp - 01-01-2012 10:51am

(01-01-2012 10:27am)pureevoque Wrote:  Can you close from button on dash or only tailgate?

Only tailgate

@fluberman - off topic, but y does your sig always appear twice?

RE: Tailgate Question ? - flurberman - 01-01-2012 11:29am

@fluberman - off topic, but y does your sig always appear twice?
[/quote]

I don't know most of the time I view the forum on an iPad using the tapatalk app perhaps that causes it? This response is coming from my mac so let's see what happens...P.S. Signature updated with my latest spec.
Think I've fixed it.

RE: Tailgate Question ? - paulus599 - 01-01-2012 01:44pm

I disagree, it's not bad design at all, it's that way for a very good reason, safety. i.e. it makes sure that you are actually within sight of the back of the car when you press the close button. I'm sure you wouldn't want to bring the tailgate down onto a small child or dog Shocked

RE: Tailgate Question ? - invoke - 01-01-2012 01:58pm

(01-01-2012 01:44pm)paulus599 Wrote:  I disagree, it's not bad design at all, it's that way for a very good reason, safety. i.e. it makes sure that you are actually within sight of the back of the car when you press the close button. I'm sure you wouldn't want to bring the tailgate down onto a small child or dog Shocked

Agree, the door is the too strong and can crush anything... A potential potential harm...... Unlike my r-class or Chrysler which senses even a slight resistance and pops back up. Again poor R&d at Tatata.

RE: Tailgate Question ? - paulus599 - 01-01-2012 02:02pm

(01-01-2012 01:58pm)invoke Wrote:  Agree, the door is the too strong and can crush anything... A potential potential harm...... Unlike my r-class or Chrysler which senses even a slight resistance and pops back up. Again poor R&d at Tatata.

Confused: So now you're saying it's bad R&D because they have designed it to prevent such an accident Confused:

RE: Tailgate Question ? - pureevoque - 01-01-2012 02:27pm

It's the same theory as electric windows, I can close my Windows by keyfob if a child or rover had there head out the window would it decapitate - no if it hits an obstacle it backs up, same thing could have ( and I think has been ) incorporated in to the tailgate, probably likely some eu douche bag came up with the idea
(01-01-2012 10:36am)flurberman Wrote:  Seems like a good opportunity for someone techy to produce a mod allowing the boot to be closed remotely from the key fob.

+1