Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tailgate Question ?
invoke

Tailgate Question ?

While sitting in my office on the 3rd floor and looking down my new evoque, I pressed the lock button to check the range and unfortunately pressed the tailgate one to discover... Guess what !! it worked... my "wow" words shortly slurred to "what the heck !!" when I was unable to close the tailgate with the remote... I have to run down the parking lot in cold 28F to shut it........ who the heck is the designer of this module... so retarded... it only closes with the dedicated "close" switch on the tailgate....

is it the same for the rest of the evoques ?? Rolling Eyes

Black/Black Dynamic (with missing dynamic button), 4dr and a tailgate, stadium seats with butt warmer, extra large moon roof for kids clustrophobia, velcro surface card board floor mats, factory installed humming accessory and the famous "Wind noise-rattle package".
01-01-2012 05:28am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
defender_uk

RE: Tailgate Question ?

uhm...yes....Sad

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
01-01-2012 09:38am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pureevoque

Can you close from button on dash or only tailgate?

ed4 Pure 5 Dr, Fuji, Xenons, Front Fogs, Power mirrors & tailgate, 20" Style 6. Ordered 290611 Delivered 090312
01-01-2012 10:27am
flurberman

Tailgate Question ?

Seems like a good opportunity for someone techy to produce a mod allowing the boot to be closed remotely from the key fob.

Si4 Dynamic Coupe with LUX pack, privacy glass, stornoway grey.

Orkney Grey, Si4 Dynamic Coupe with LUX pack, privacy glass, 20" shadow chrome wheels, heated steering wheel, adaptive xenons, TPMS & contrast panoramic roof.
01-01-2012 10:36am
cjfp

(01-01-2012 10:27am)pureevoque Wrote:  Can you close from button on dash or only tailgate?

Only tailgate

@fluberman - off topic, but y does your sig always appear twice?

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2012 10:52am by cjfp.)
01-01-2012 10:51am
flurberman

@fluberman - off topic, but y does your sig always appear twice?
[/quote]

I don't know most of the time I view the forum on an iPad using the tapatalk app perhaps that causes it? This response is coming from my mac so let's see what happens...P.S. Signature updated with my latest spec.
Think I've fixed it.

Orkney Grey, Si4 Dynamic Coupe with LUX pack, privacy glass, 20" shadow chrome wheels, heated steering wheel, adaptive xenons, TPMS & contrast panoramic roof.
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2012 11:41am by flurberman.)
01-01-2012 11:29am
paulus599

I disagree, it's not bad design at all, it's that way for a very good reason, safety. i.e. it makes sure that you are actually within sight of the back of the car when you press the close button. I'm sure you wouldn't want to bring the tailgate down onto a small child or dog Shocked

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
01-01-2012 01:44pm
invoke

(01-01-2012 01:44pm)paulus599 Wrote:  I disagree, it's not bad design at all, it's that way for a very good reason, safety. i.e. it makes sure that you are actually within sight of the back of the car when you press the close button. I'm sure you wouldn't want to bring the tailgate down onto a small child or dog Shocked

Agree, the door is the too strong and can crush anything... A potential potential harm...... Unlike my r-class or Chrysler which senses even a slight resistance and pops back up. Again poor R&d at Tatata.

Black/Black Dynamic (with missing dynamic button), 4dr and a tailgate, stadium seats with butt warmer, extra large moon roof for kids clustrophobia, velcro surface card board floor mats, factory installed humming accessory and the famous "Wind noise-rattle package".
01-01-2012 01:58pm
paulus599

(01-01-2012 01:58pm)invoke Wrote:  Agree, the door is the too strong and can crush anything... A potential potential harm...... Unlike my r-class or Chrysler which senses even a slight resistance and pops back up. Again poor R&d at Tatata.

Confused: So now you're saying it's bad R&D because they have designed it to prevent such an accident Confused:

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
01-01-2012 02:02pm
pureevoque

It's the same theory as electric windows, I can close my Windows by keyfob if a child or rover had there head out the window would it decapitate - no if it hits an obstacle it backs up, same thing could have ( and I think has been ) incorporated in to the tailgate, probably likely some eu douche bag came up with the idea
(01-01-2012 10:36am)flurberman Wrote:  Seems like a good opportunity for someone techy to produce a mod allowing the boot to be closed remotely from the key fob.

+1

ed4 Pure 5 Dr, Fuji, Xenons, Front Fogs, Power mirrors & tailgate, 20" Style 6. Ordered 290611 Delivered 090312
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2012 02:30pm by pureevoque.)
01-01-2012 02:27pm