babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Information direct from Land Rover on iPhone IOS 5 issue - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Information direct from Land Rover on iPhone IOS 5 issue (/Thread-Information-direct-from-Land-Rover-on-iPhone-IOS-5-issue)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Information direct from Land Rover on iPhone IOS 5 issue - WB - 01-01-2012 06:39pm

(01-01-2012 06:26pm)pugracer Wrote:  via BT... Did I misunderstand the problem... Embarrassed

The BT streaming works fine. Streaming over the cable while also connected by BT for the phone is the problem scenario.

Information direct from Land Rover on iPhone IOS 5 issue - RoverMD - 01-01-2012 11:53pm

You can plug into the non iPod USB port and at least charge the phone while using BT streaming.

RE: Information direct from Land Rover on iPhone IOS 5 issue - pugracer - 07-01-2012 02:52am

I finally bought a spare iPhone USB cable and tried it again yesterday. I play special attention that the my iPhone 4 was streaming from the cable and not the Bluetooth (Note: if it's streaming from BT, I could change the column from iPhone; I couldn't if it's from USB). It worked for my whole 20-min journey without problem. I also picked up a phone call in the middle. No issue at all switching back to music automatically, too.

RE: Information direct from Land Rover on iPhone IOS 5 issue - WB - 07-01-2012 08:44pm

(07-01-2012 02:52am)pugracer Wrote:  I finally bought a spare iPhone USB cable and tried it again yesterday. I play special attention that the my iPhone 4 was streaming from the cable and not the Bluetooth (Note: if it's streaming from BT, I could change the column from iPhone; I couldn't if it's from USB). It worked for my whole 20-min journey without problem. I also picked up a phone call in the middle. No issue at all switching back to music automatically, too.

Which iOS version are you on?

RE: Information direct from Land Rover on iPhone IOS 5 issue - pugracer - 09-01-2012 04:21pm

iOS 5.0.1 (build 9A405)

RE: Information direct from Land Rover on iPhone IOS 5 issue - WB - 09-01-2012 05:21pm

(09-01-2012 04:21pm)pugracer Wrote:  iOS 5.0.1 (build 9A405)

That's good to hear but it doesn't work for a lot of people including Land Rover themselves. Just hoping Apple fix it in the next release as lots of other car manufacturers have exactly the same problem.
This might be a solution - A2DP Blocker - an app that disables Bluetooth audio output on your iphone.

I'm going to download and give it a try.

RE: Information direct from Land Rover on iPhone IOS 5 issue - Coolbanana - 09-01-2012 05:47pm

Having just read this Thread I can also confirm no issues with iPhone 4 (iOS 5) swopping from BT to cable etc. I have an iPod Touch connected all the time via cable and on a trip to Belgium and back recently was swopping between phone on BT and iPod without hitch - with cable full control on the car screen and on BT using the iPhone itself.

I swopped the devices over to charge the phone with no issue either.

Curiously, my iPod (still on iOS 4) froze a couple of times when I first got the car 3 weeks ago but hasn't in the last 2 weeks.

Information direct from Land Rover on iPhone IOS 5 issue - Rossy100 - 09-01-2012 05:54pm

(09-01-2012 05:47pm)Coolbanana Wrote:  Having just read this Thread I can also confirm no issues with iPhone 4 (iOS 5) swopping from BT to cable etc. I have an iPod Touch connected all the time via cable and on a trip to Belgium and back recently was swopping between phone on BT and iPod without hitch - with cable full control on the car screen and on BT using the iPhone itself.

I swopped the devices over to charge the phone with no issue either.

Curiously, my iPod (still on iOS 4) froze a couple of times when I first got the car 3 weeks ago but hasn't in the last 2 weeks.

I think the issue is where you are trying to play audio via cable and phone via BT from same device (ie iPhone). Using 2 devices should not cause any issues.
(09-01-2012 05:21pm)WB Wrote:  That's good to hear but it doesn't work for a lot of people including Land Rover themselves. Just hoping Apple fix it in the next release as lots of other car manufacturers have exactly the same problem.
This might be a solution - A2DP Blocker - an app that disables Bluetooth audio output on your iphone.

I'm going to download and give it a try.

Please let us know if this works. Don't have my Evoque yet but would buy app now in case Apple decide to remove!

RE: Information direct from Land Rover on iPhone IOS 5 issue - WB - 09-01-2012 06:14pm

(09-01-2012 05:54pm)Rossy100 Wrote:  I think the issue is where you are trying to play audio via cable and phone via BT from same device (ie iPhone). Using 2 devices should not cause any issues.

Please let us know if this works. Don't have my Evoque yet but would buy app now in case Apple decide to remove!

The app has been available for a long time but they've finally released an IOS 5 compatible version so not expecting Apple to have any issue with it

Information direct from Land Rover on iPhone IOS 5 issue - Rossy100 - 09-01-2012 06:20pm

Ok cool. Let us know if it works!