babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Information direct from Land Rover on iPhone IOS 5 issue - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Information direct from Land Rover on iPhone IOS 5 issue (/Thread-Information-direct-from-Land-Rover-on-iPhone-IOS-5-issue)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Information direct from Land Rover on iPhone IOS 5 issue - WB - 03-12-2011 07:50pm

(03-12-2011 12:06pm)Craig_d1 Wrote:  To tell truth, at mo, I've only been streaming my music to car via bluetooth and haven't actually connected it via the cable yet.
Land Rover did send me an e-mail explaining the problem, but again it puts the problem squarely on 'Apple', so guess the more people that phone apple, the quicker it may get solved

Land Rover sent you an email? Would you mind posting its content please?

Has anyone else had any emails from LR??

RE: Information direct from Land Rover on iPhone IOS 5 issue - cjfp - 08-12-2011 05:38pm

Further to my post above, how small is this !

[attachment=856]

RE: Information direct from Land Rover on iPhone IOS 5 issue - BOBM4N - 08-12-2011 05:47pm

Is that one of those 20p's with no date on it.....

RE: Information direct from Land Rover on iPhone IOS 5 issue - cjfp - 08-12-2011 05:49pm

^^ unfortunately not - it's on the tails side.

RE: Information direct from Land Rover on iPhone IOS 5 issue - FFRR - 08-12-2011 06:43pm

iOS 5 on iPhone 4S works in 11MY Range Rover. Is this because the Range Rover does not have Bluetooth Streaming?

Information direct from Land Rover on iPhone IOS 5 issue - rsk21 - 08-12-2011 07:07pm

^^^ yes

RE: Information direct from Land Rover on iPhone IOS 5 issue - bwaadass - 13-12-2011 10:36am

In my Evoque, the iPhone Bluetooth also seems to cut-out the USB ports, even if I'm using a thumb drive. The music will typically play for 45seconds, and then cut out.

I need to do some more testing, but to date the only solution appears to be to de-pair my phone. This isn't a disaster (I'm not that popular, and my wife can pair her iOS4 phone instead), but still a bit annoying.

The bluetooth streaming gives noticable worse audio quality than the usb connection, so ultimately I choose to have no phone rather than listen to poor quality music. (I guess if a call comes in I can quickly pair the phone before answering).

As I said, I will do a bit more testing on this. It may be that a specific sequence of pairing/plugging can solve this problem.

I don't doubt that this is an Apple-engineered issue.

RE: Information direct from Land Rover on iPhone IOS 5 issue - pugracer - 01-01-2012 05:26pm

I've tried today music streaming from my iPhone 4 with latest IOS 5. I didn't run into any issue at all. I have also answered a couple phone calls during the journey. The music and phone switched seamlessly. No issue at all.

RE: Information direct from Land Rover on iPhone IOS 5 issue - WB - 01-01-2012 05:34pm

(01-01-2012 05:26pm)pugracer Wrote:  I've tried today music streaming from my iPhone 4 with latest IOS 5. I didn't run into any issue at all. I have also answered a couple phone calls during the journey. The music and phone switched seamlessly. No issue at all.

Were you streaming over the cable or Bluetooth?

RE: Information direct from Land Rover on iPhone IOS 5 issue - pugracer - 01-01-2012 06:26pm

via BT... Did I misunderstand the problem... Embarrassed