babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
My Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: My Range Rover Evoque (/Forum-My-Range-Rover-Evoque)
+--- Thread: My Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual (/Thread-My-Fuji-Dynamic-SD4-Manual)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: My Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual - PhilSkill - 07-05-2013 09:44pm

Just drove 600+miles across Oxfordshire, Nottinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, Suffolk, Essex over the Bank holiday.

I saw a total of 8, during the travels 3 Whites, 1 Ipanema, 1 Silver, 2 Grey, 1 Black, nearly all Pure's.

While in Essex, I had people tapping on my window asking what I thought of it while I was waiting in a car park, Hotel owner wanted a look, 1 of the guests wanted to know what I though as he wanted his wife to get one, never been asked about it so much!

There seems to be 2 types of people... those that distrust anything LR but love the design, and those that cannot justify to themselves a 4x4 but love the design.

Loved driving it all that way and it performed flawlessly, well till the Plastic crunch sound while parking it back home!

41.3 mpg (40.1 real) in the flat lands of the East, rather than the rolling Cotswolds hills! Fuel price now cheapest ever since ownership!

[attachment=3502]
[attachment=3503]

RE: My Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual - XFullFatTim - 08-05-2013 08:38am

You could point out to those that cannot justify a 4WD version that there is the ED4 with 2WD available!

RE: My Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual - doug - 08-05-2013 05:11pm

(07-05-2013 09:44pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  While in Essex, I had people tapping on my window asking what I thought of it while I was waiting in a car park, Hotel owner wanted a look, 1 of the guests wanted to know what I though as he wanted his wife to get one, never been asked about it so much!

Try driving around the back roads of Norfolk, the locals think the RRE is some kind of which craft Wink.
Very good MPG figures, you must have been driving around the 65mph mark.

RE: My Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual - PhilSkill - 09-05-2013 01:13pm

Laughing Hi doug, There be a big white Monster driving down that road... has eyes of fire...!

Driving mainly A roads so yes lot of 50-60-70, fair bit of 40, no Motorway to mention, light traffic (amazingly on a Bank Holiday!)

RE: My Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual - PhilSkill - 27-05-2013 07:58am

Having just spent a wonderful holiday in Italy, around the lakes, although driving a Lancia Delta Shocked hire car, usual blobby plastic mid range thing thingbut I guess in the spirit of Italy, I saw 3 red Evoques, all looking dirty and dull, 2 blacks, one looking fab the other beaten about a bit, a 1 white looking sparkling... not so popular or afforded as here.

You know you picked a good hotel when the carpark is full of Porsches, Astons, Range Rovers, Mercs including the 10 years of SLK special, with a few Audis and BMWs thrown in, then the newly weds Panda (with silver ribbons, ahhh), and a few of these Deltas.

RE: My Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual - XFullFatTim - 27-05-2013 09:43am

Isn't it a pity that Chrysler choose to rebrand the various Lancias that they bring into the UK as Chryslers. It probablby does more damage to the brand than the rust fiasco did all those years ago - how many people now remember the rust issue? Very few I suspect.

RE: My Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual - PhilSkill - 27-05-2013 10:49am

Id never even noticed one before Tim, then saw one in the garage at home as Chrysler, they do some odd looking things, should have seen the fiasco with the fuel cover, hire car chap chap tried pushing it then said opens from inside, of course when I needed to open it could I find a lever or button... Italian manual had no mention that I could find, eventually drove into another garage thinking I'll have to ask, pulled up at pump and thought Id try a last push and it opened! Think you have to have drivers door shut!

RE: My Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual - Evo-king - 27-05-2013 05:30pm

I had exactly the same problem with my New Alfa, the first time I took it in to fill up.

Eventually, the guy in the kiosk came out and opened for me, in the manner you explained, boy did I feel stupid.

He laughed and said "Your not the first and won't be the last".

Oh the joys of Italian cars.

RE: My Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual - PhilSkill - 27-05-2013 06:40pm

Very Happy I was so glad I retried when at the pump and it opened, as I was fully expecting to be made to feel very silly, knowing full well someone else would just open it!

Started the Evoque tonight to re-arrange the cars for the morning after 10 days unused, started on the button, but oddly I had the slow camera issue, 3 times I reselected reverse from neutral and no rear camera (parking sensors working), then after maneuvering by the old fashioned using my eyes method I tried again and the camera came on. Then even more unusually double locked the car after getting out and the car locked but the mirrors didn't retract! tried lock again but no movement, unlocked and locked and the mirrors did retract... weird!? never done that before!

RE: My Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual - XFullFatTim - 27-05-2013 09:01pm

It's sulking after you've been driving something else and told us about it on here! They know you know, after all it's a supermodel and you know how bitchy they can be