babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Ikea flat pack test - part failed! - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: My Range Rover Evoque (/Forum-My-Range-Rover-Evoque)
+--- Thread: Ikea flat pack test - part failed! (/Thread-Ikea-flat-pack-test-part-failed)

Pages: 1 2 3

Ikea flat pack test - part failed! - XFullFatTim - 11-10-2011 09:06pm

Another box ticked - went to Ikea and purchased 2 flat pack sets of Malm chests of drawers today - the 2 boxes of 3 drawer sets fitted no problem.
I wanted a 1.60m long 6 drawer pack but that meant I needed an assistant to help lift the very heavy crates in and out of the car and also the front passenger seat would have had to support the weight and I didn't want 40-50 kgs leaning on the forward folded Plus seat, so 2 x 3 drawer sets it was, with tons of space left for some other bits and pieces I bought, no folded seats.

Next test is Thursday - 3 passengers, 2 in their mid 80's to take for a run.

RE: Ikea flat pack test - part failed! - cjfp - 11-10-2011 09:11pm

they'll be mid-90's by the time the coupe seat has moved fwd enough for them to get in the back! Laughing

RE: Ikea flat pack test - part failed! - caroline11000 - 11-10-2011 09:17pm

(11-10-2011 09:11pm)cjfp Wrote:  they'll be mid-90's by the time the coupe seat has moved fwd enough for them to get in the back! Laughing
that comment did cross my mind but I decided to refrain from posting it Rolling Eyes

RE: Ikea flat pack test - part failed! - Daigriff - 11-10-2011 09:17pm

(11-10-2011 09:06pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Next test is Thursday - 3 passengers, 2 in their mid 80's to take for a run.

Why dont you take them in the car instead? I'll fetch my coat!!!!

RE: Ikea flat pack test - part failed! - XFullFatTim - 11-10-2011 09:18pm

I'll feed the rear seat passengers in through the boot, the electric tailgate is quicker................

RE: Ikea flat pack test - part failed! - cjfp - 11-10-2011 09:19pm

Leave them on the 'social seating'?

RE: Ikea flat pack test - part failed! - XFullFatTim - 11-10-2011 09:43pm

I would if it were available, but it's one of the options that LR hasn't yet released I believe

RE: Ikea flat pack test - part failed! - Evoqess - 12-10-2011 06:33am

(11-10-2011 09:11pm)cjfp Wrote:  they'll be mid-90's by the time the coupe seat has moved fwd enough for them to get in the back! Laughing

Hilarious! The rear seating of my Audi TT was for individuals shorter than four feet eleven without legs Shocked (I called it the poodle/terrier shelf), so the Evoque is still far, far superior!

RE: Ikea flat pack test - part failed! - vision*R - 12-10-2011 08:35am

You can always pick them up with the seats already moved to the front and your face squeezed to the windscreen, right?

RE: Ikea flat pack test - part failed! - Tekno - 12-10-2011 02:03pm

Tim, have you ever thought of starting a blog? That way you can write as much as you like about washing your car, putting Ikea furniture on your car, having passengers in your car etc etc. without having to clog up this forum with endless new threads.