babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
All Threads about Delays merged into one - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: All Threads about Delays merged into one (/Thread-All-Threads-about-Delays-merged-into-one)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one - hybris - 15-10-2011 06:35pm

Totally amazed as a new RR customer. Delays can happen. But the major failure in communication is truly amazing. They need to fire senior management. Especially PR and responsible for communication and customer experience! CUT!!!

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one - Spiderman - 16-10-2011 03:57am

Most LR Dealerships have at least 1 Evoque they can sell you now, so why not call around your local Dealerships to see who has what as one of them may have the Evoque you have ordered and that'll mean you get your car now and without any further delays!

One of my friends walked into Marshalls of Peterborough today and bought one of their Showroom models, they had 2 more for sale, a cancelled build slot to fill for November and 2 Firenze 5 door Dynamics coming through next month without owners!

So there are Evoques out there waiting for new owners, all you need do is call round folks...

Good Luck!

Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one - mark_n - 16-10-2011 07:42am

Well, since LR are finding it difficult to build cars which people do want, maybe it's easier to build cars which they don't want. We all know too that November build slot will depend on what you choose and whether they can find the bits needed in the skip outside.

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one - Grah - 16-10-2011 08:21am

(15-10-2011 06:35pm)hybris Wrote:  Totally amazed as a new RR customer. Delays can happen. But the major failure in communication is truly amazing. They need to fire senior management. Especially PR and responsible for communication and customer experience! CUT!!!

I checked out the opposition again yesterday - I'd have to pay a bit more but the porsche Cayenne diesel would be an option - but that has a 12 month waiting list, presumably because it's a new product with a good customer reception.

Should their management be sacked, or promoted? Discuss!

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one - hybris - 16-10-2011 08:39am

@grah: They have been able to deliver their car at launch in numbers. Now its a very popular SUV like the Evoque so it has gone into that mode that all new and popular models go into. 6-12 months delivery. But that they communicate when ordering it. You know when you can expect the car and can take a decision to go for it or not depending on your current car situation. The point is not if the car is popular or if they can deliver enough of them. I had a slot for November build. Now I know nothing. That is what all this is about. If they would have told me when ordering "sorry its 6 months delivery" I would have gone for the 535xd that I would have been able to get before Christmas. So my complaints are all about communication, communication and communication! That is why senior management responsible for customer satisfaction and communication should be sacked. They seem to have lost control. At the moment I have no idea on "when" and that is extremely frustrating as I have an X5 to sell and also need to plan for the buy in general. Delays can happen. Then you communicate ASAP to the channel and customers. (that is the main problem in the current discussion. They have lost control!) Long deliveries for new orders always do happen for new and popular models. Then you communicate that before ordering so the right decision can be made. So the discussion is not about if an order right now would be 6-12 months away. Its about the committed orders and communication around that!
@spiderman: Have checked all cars available in Sweden. Its like 10-15. All the wrong spec for me. High specced Coupes in the wrong color. Or pure/prestige 5 doors. Nothing I want. The ones I could think about has to much extras that they cost like 68000 Euro. The one I have specced lands around 52000 Euro and have all the extras i need/want. The available ones in Sweden seems to have been specced by a blind monkey. Wink

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one - Grah - 16-10-2011 08:50am

Hybris, I really do sympathize as it is frustrating to have a delivery date that then gets moved. I'm the same boat as I have a November 10th build date for a 5 door prestige - I havent bothered to find out yet whether it's delayed as I know that's absolutely nothing I can do about it if it is!

What have you you found out so far about your order?

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one - Urban Splash - 16-10-2011 09:19am

Some good points raised here. I also looked at a cayenne d. 12 months is a long time to wait though....

But, Audi and BMW are no different. X3 waiting list is huge, as is Q5.

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one - Daigriff - 16-10-2011 09:52am

I honestly think the "sack the management" Comment is totally ott. Obviously communication could be improved, but this has happened on numerous other launches, especially on popular models. We're all in the same boat, and as has been said there are long lead times for other SUV's so what are you going to change your order to?

You could pick up a 5 series or similar (but compared to an Evoque?...seriously??) on a short lead time, but there's a reason for that...they're not so desirable. So let's take a chill pill and try to enjoyShocked the wait...it will be worth itSmile

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one - hybris - 16-10-2011 11:55am

So who is accountable for customer frustration? If no actions are taken then the message to us is that the current situation is ok. All is fine! We don't need to communicate to our customers and channel. For me this is all about accountability and showing us/the customers that they take this seriously. Bad planning, wrong decisions etc. But worst no communication. Please show us accountability!

Take a look at Sony when the PS3 hack occurred. They showed accountability and an official apology. That is the way to go as it do build trust. Anyone can be hacked and your services can be severely affected. How you manage it and communicate is what matters the most.

Lets see how this all works out. I hope they get a hold around the situation and start updating with accurate dates in a week or two and then communicate with the channel and their customers! If this continues then yes fire some senior management for sure!
And another thing. Before you complain on the 535xd I advice you to drive it. It do have a better mileage than the Evoque and are way quicker than any of the Evoques. So its a really good car. Superb in the winter also. Not an off road car offcoruse.

On the why do I buy Evoque then: Looks! (and a overall good car)

If I knew my delivery date would be January instead of November from start then yes I would not be on this forum complaining. *laugh* I would soon be out driving a 535xd touring M-sport.

Right know I will wait a couple of weeks to get a real delivery date before taking any actions. A delivery of a 5-series would be 3 months anyways. (built in Germany so fairly quick delivery vs X5/X6 that are US of A built)

X3 is long delivery due to popularity. 2.0d sells like crazy as its one of the best SUVs in the market. Extremely good mileage and as large as the old X5 (E53). Personally I don't really like the looks. Must have M-sport to look ok.

So Im still in for the Evoque.

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one - Evoqess - 16-10-2011 07:32pm

Hybris - I'm looking forward to the day when you post pics of your Evoque! If you have to buy BMW first I will understand - if the Evoque did not exist I would still be driving around happily in my Audi. Very happy actually.
I see you have a 1 series convertible, stylish - I think the 1M is a stunning car, maybe the best sedan out there today. Tempting.
But the Evoque is something special.
That is why we are here talking about it. Daily! And holding on.
I hope you can wait, because I think your spec is one of the best Smile