babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
All Threads about Delays merged into one - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: All Threads about Delays merged into one (/Thread-All-Threads-about-Delays-merged-into-one)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one - Billionaireboysclub - 01-12-2011 09:15pm

Well....Surprise Surprise...I did email my dealer on Monday asking him to let me know if the order call was open on Tuesday or Wednesday, and also saying I would be great-full for an update...even if it was "sorry....your still in the order book here and JLR has not collected you order yet"...

No Prizes for guessing if I have had a reply yet or not!!!!

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one - LDT - 01-12-2011 09:42pm

As posted on a previous thread, mine has been delayed from a December build to apparently a January build. The dealer had an allocation of only 6 cars, with 27 in the holding pool for December = 21 delayed. He did say that LR had assured him that the full allocation (of 50) would be received in January. I am 10th in line, so if 6 again in January it will move to February.

Again as previously posted, I appreciate there are many with delays way ahead of me, so I was expecting this.

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one - Mag1c_dragon - 01-12-2011 10:06pm

(01-12-2011 04:49pm)Daigriff Wrote:  My car was in build when I last spoke to my dealer a week ago (24th Nov)...havent heard anything so emailed this morning.

He emailed me back to say I'd get it sometime this monthBanging Head

Oh well ive waited nearly 14 months since paying deposit so a few more days wont matter!!

Hang in there matey! Mine completed build same day as you (or maybe the day before) and I am picking up Wednesday 7th Dec. However, I have had to ring/email them everyday to push for this date!

Plus they haven't answered any of my questions around what tyres are installed or if they will accommodate a supplier coming to fit a tracker at the dealership

Quick to respond to requests about arranging the payment though!

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one - Daigriff - 13-12-2011 02:39pm

...I'm still waitingSad

It was in quality this time last week and as of yesterday my salesman seems to think it's still thereShocked obviously I don't want a 40k + car with issues but hope they've not found too much wrong!!!!

The dealership are expecting 8 cars in wed or thurs this week and if mine is on the transporter I can have it on Saturday. Please let it happen...not sure if I can take any more of this, especially as everyone who ordered back in April seems to have had theirsBig Cry:

Apologies for blubbing in publicEmbarrassed

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one - PhilSkill - 13-12-2011 02:57pm

Crikey, thought you must have had yours by now too! Mind you mines been back once and now going back again, so waiting and getting a perfect car is better... As the miles back to the dealers come out of my pocket now! Hang in there!

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one - DaveR - 13-12-2011 03:13pm

My build date was the 16th December, moved up to the 10th (so probably built now?) and could be here before xmas. I had the call from Bill at Williams in Manchester who i have been dealing with yesterday to go through the details. I have decided to wait and register it as a 2012 even though it may be here before Xmas.

As i am starting a new job on the 3rd of January I am going to have to wait till the 7th before I can pick it up but rest assured I will be there bright eyed and bushy tailed first thing Saturday morning!

Smile

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one - cjfp - 13-12-2011 04:00pm

Does anyone know the various build stages that the dealer can see? Mine, apparently, went into build on 8 Dec and I would have expected it to be finished by now, but dealer says that I can't have my "chassis number yet as it is only scheduled for the body at the moment" - can anyone shed any light?

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one - Daigriff - 13-12-2011 05:02pm

I haven't a clue CJFP how it works. Mine was in build over 3 weeks ago!! The only thing I can think of is that mine may have been delayed due to the choice of premium metallic...but have not been told that...very strange that some come through v quickly and others more slowly.

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one - Blackseries - 13-12-2011 06:04pm

My car went into build on the 7th Nov - which I assume meant the body was welded together (not certain though). All I know is come Wednesday lunchtime on the 9th Nov my car rolled off the end of the production line.

There wasn't a VIN / Chasis number on the dealer system for at least week after I'd seen my car with my own eyes. I took delivery on the 22nd Nov.

My car was in QC for a week, again no idea why, it looked perfect to me.... and has been.... over 1k miles now.

Hang on in there guys wont be long now.

Its the randomness of who gets what when that gets me.

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one - caroline11000 - 13-12-2011 06:41pm

(13-12-2011 04:00pm)cjfp Wrote:  Does anyone know the various build stages that the dealer can see? Mine, apparently, went into build on 8 Dec and I would have expected it to be finished by now, but dealer says that I can't have my "chassis number yet as it is only scheduled for the body at the moment" - can anyone shed any light?

Not sure what the stages are but mine:
went into build : Friday 25th November
completed & out factory: Friday 2nd December
I collected my car: Friday 9th December