babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
All Threads about Delays merged into one - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: All Threads about Delays merged into one (/Thread-All-Threads-about-Delays-merged-into-one)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one - Evo-king - 25-11-2011 06:22pm

(25-11-2011 01:37pm)Mag1c_dragon Wrote:  I am sooo annoyed! I haven't been able to get hold f my salesman or the admin lady I have been dealing with for over a week. SO decided to call Land Rover CS for an update. My car is Built Smile and has been sat in the compound for a couple of days! Dealership has been contacted and the factory are waiting on dealership to arrange delivery to them

And NO-ONE from the dealership has contacted me! Waiting for them to ring me back again now . . .

On the plus side mine is at least a week early! (and I only ordered in June Smile

Great news for you.

It is my understanding from reading several posts on the web that, once your Evoque is manufactured, it gets put into a pound, and the transporter drivers turn up with a pre determined list load up the transporter and deliver to the dealers, when the transporter turn up with said Evoque, that is the first time your dealer will know about.

I'm prepared to be corrected on this, but that appears to be the way it is.

Must be a good time for transporter drivers at the moment. Any one of them on here or are they too busy?

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one - ED209 - 25-11-2011 06:28pm

I cannot believe that the dealer will only know about a car when it turns up. If fedex and other parcel companies can track a parcel all over the world then i am certain they can track a whopping great car.

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one - Mag1c_dragon - 25-11-2011 06:29pm

Who knows how it works. My dealership have not offered me one piece of info - I have had to chase every step of the way. Landrover CS said the dealership had been informed a few days ago that car was ready to arrange transportation. Dealership said they literally found up just before I called (yeah right)

Dealership said they have now requested the car is brought forward to the dealership and are in the process of registering it whatever else it is they need to do.

They are messing me around with the finance now - what a headache! I am sure it will all be worth it in the end! Planning to take delivery on 7th Dec

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one - Evo-king - 25-11-2011 06:31pm

As I said it is based on forum stories of actual owners experience, I agree that it sounds odd, be we are in odd times.

I'll get my coat.

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one - LDT - 25-11-2011 07:14pm

(25-11-2011 06:22pm)Evo-king Wrote:  It is my understanding from reading several posts on the web that, once your Evoque is manufactured, it gets put into a pound, and the transporter drivers turn up with a pre determined list load up the transporter and deliver to the dealers, when the transporter turn up with said Evoque, that is the first time your dealer will know about.

That is my understanding also. I spoke to my dealer a coupe of weeks ago, he mentioned that a customer had called into the showroom to enquire about delivery. No information could be provided, but later that day, that very car arrived on a transporter.

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one - Mag1c_dragon - 25-11-2011 07:56pm

I am sooo fuming right now! Land Rover have screwed up our finance package and can no longer finance our deal. Basically because the dealership is incompetent and hasn't been able to organise everything, prior to my other half temporarily being out the country for a few months (steam coming out of ears!!!) They can try re-applying in my name, but to be honest I don't want to give them one more pence of my hard earned cash!

So now, I have a built car being sent to the dealership and as it stands - no finance!

Left a message with Prestige Finance and Broker 4 Cars for finance quotes. I just hope it all goes through in my name (I am worried as out other car is financed in my name, not sure I will get the finance for another one!)

After all this time, I bet my order is delayed (well the delivery of at least) due to the finance Sad

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one - EVO PUNDITT - 25-11-2011 08:21pm

Earlier today I wrote that my build had been delayed, well guess what? It's been built.My dealer rang and informed me that they have called the car over. So it's a matter of how long it take from to get from Halewood,but all in all my car has been delayed by 2 weeks from original date given in June when I specced the car. Can't wait now

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one - Billionaireboysclub - 25-11-2011 08:51pm

You know what might be good?....to see which Evoques are being given order numbers / build and delivery dates from which dealers?...what do you guys think?

Could it be that ordering from particular dealer is better than others?

Could it be that certain dealers are getting more Evoques than others?...could there be some dealers favored over others?

If you agree....state either where your dealer is in the country..or be controversial and name the dealer Twisted Evil

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one - Daigriff - 01-12-2011 04:49pm

My car was in build when I last spoke to my dealer a week ago (24th Nov)...havent heard anything so emailed this morning.

He emailed me back to say I'd get it sometime this monthBanging Head

Oh well ive waited nearly 14 months since paying deposit so a few more days wont matter!!

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one - alibeau - 01-12-2011 09:07pm

(01-12-2011 04:49pm)Daigriff Wrote:  My car was in build when I last spoke to my dealer a week ago (24th Nov)...havent heard anything so emailed this morning.

He emailed me back to say I'd get it sometime this monthBanging Head

Oh well ive waited nearly 14 months since paying deposit so a few more days wont matter!!

Hang in there, the finshing line is in your sights Laughing

I have a tiny glimmer at the end of the tunnel, my delivery date remains the 12th of Jan (dealer emailed me today as promised!) but the dealer also tells me that there is a *slim* chance that it may arrive a little earlier....... It is now only a matter of weeks away and I am feeling really quite positive now.....

As an aside, Hubby and I have spotted two Evoques in our area, both black (one matt, one metallic) - I was hoping all the local ones would be white Banging Head Not to worry Smile

Ali Smile