babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
All Threads about Delays merged into one - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: All Threads about Delays merged into one (/Thread-All-Threads-about-Delays-merged-into-one)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one - Daigriff - 24-11-2011 05:25pm

(24-11-2011 05:18pm)ytshome Wrote:  I'd get them on order Dai, whether you simply have them fitted or do it yourself. I ordered several dealer options and couldn't believe it when they didn't have it in stock on hand-over. The other thing I'd suggest if you are thinking of getting the dealer to fit the flaps is to get a price in advance because from experience they can use the euphoria of delivery to encourage you to make a snap and costly decision.

Yes thanks for that YTS...I'll send an email asking for prices and availability now. I was actually going to ask for some discount due to the delays.

I struggle to fit a light bulb, so they're going to have to do all the manual stuff.Smile

Right, I can get my advert ready for pistonheadsShocked...sorry not even going thereLaughing

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one - ytshome - 24-11-2011 05:28pm

(24-11-2011 05:25pm)Daigriff Wrote:  Yes thanks for that YTS...I'll send an email asking for prices and availability now. I was actually going to ask for some discount due to the delays.

I struggle to fit a light bulb, so they're going to have to do all the manual stuff.Smile

Right, I can get my advert ready for pistonheadsShocked...sorry not even going thereLaughing

If its any help, I spoke to my dealer and eventually got 15% on dealer accessories but they weren't that happy to do it.

All Threads about Delays merged into one - LP - 24-11-2011 06:47pm

My car was due to go into build on Tuesday this week. Had a message from the dealer today to say that it is built and on its way to the dealership.

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one - Range Rover Virgin - 24-11-2011 09:01pm

Good news for me too, my SD4 coupe, firenze, verve, ebony has come forward for build from 12th to 1st December, quoting 14 days from build to delivery, so the general trend seems to good for many of us. Can't wait...

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one - Mag1c_dragon - 24-11-2011 09:03pm

Looking good. My car is due to be built tomorrow. Waiting on an update from dealer about progress . . . here is hoping!

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one - andyuk - 24-11-2011 09:58pm

Not all good news I'm afraid!

I was on a build date of 6th Jan for the last month but today it went back a week to 13th which I was very shocked at as I was hoping after reading this thread it ay jump forward a week!

All Threads about Delays merged into one - gomark - 24-11-2011 11:54pm

(24-11-2011 09:58pm)andyuk Wrote:  Not all good news I'm afraid!

I was on a build date of 6th Jan for the last month but today it went back a week to 13th which I was very shocked at as I was hoping after reading this thread it ay jump forward a week!

Keep the faith. The good news calls aren't landing until the cars are in build so cross fingers you will get the call early Jan. Issue is not knowing what to do about your current transport. Now having to try and move my BMW 635 in a hurry and potentially taking a hit on the sale price...

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one - mark_n - 25-11-2011 05:56am

If my dealer called me to say the delivery had come forward, it would be tough to know which was the more surprising, the improved delivery or the dealer calling me unprompted. Not to worry, it hasn't happened.

Production does seem to be settling down, so it might just happen sometime. I stopped by Halewood on Wednesday and there were hundreds of Evoques waiting for delivery. White and black still dominate.

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one - Billionaireboysclub - 25-11-2011 11:24am

All,

I ordered my Evoque back in September, and I was told that I should expect Delivery around the 1st/2nd Week of Jan.

Since then, I have been asking my Dealer on updates. What he has said to me is that the ordering is such :

1) Customer places an order with the dealer
2) Order is placed in a Holding Area at the dealer
3) JLR then take the orders from the Holding Area and give a ref number
4) JLR update the dealer using the ref number
5) Dealer updates the Customer

Back in September, I was told that the order will be picked up by JLR at the end of the month

The latest update I had, was that JLR have closed the order selecting (I believe its called Vista), and have not opened since Sept to take new orders from my dealer.

With this in mind, JLR still dont have the order. I have been told that this is due to the over-whelming orders and so JLR at the moment have closed off new orders.

I am assured that production is increasing (and I see this by the threads on here...where some of you are getting your Evoques, or that your delivery dates are being moved forward), but I was wondering if anyone else has been told this story too?

I called up JLR Customer services, where a very helpful lady did say, that I could check with her once I have my order number to track progress....but since Sept..the my order has not been picked by JLR?

Im sure my dealer have other customers too, when I asked where I was in the list of orders at the Dealer, all I was told was that I am in a good position with no further information.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Cheers

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one - Daigriff - 25-11-2011 11:49am

Ordering in september I wouldnt have expected delivery until March at the earlieast especially with all the problems re Xenons, doors, paint, and the terrible accident...unless your dealer didnt have many orders which I doubt.

Im getting mine shortly but I ordered in April...i think your dealer just doesn't know when your order call is going to be.