babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
All Threads about Delays merged into one - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: All Threads about Delays merged into one (/Thread-All-Threads-about-Delays-merged-into-one)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one - hybris - 16-10-2011 07:45pm

I will post if I get one someday... Cannot be more specific due to well known situation... Wink

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one - mark_n - 16-10-2011 11:18pm

I visited Porsche Leipzig, where the Cayenne is finished (actually made in Bratislava) and the Cayenne Diesel has caught them all by surprise. Porsche purists have lamented the use of an Audi diesel engine - the first car not to use a Porsche engine and how can a diesel be a true Porsche. Truth is the punters don't care about that. Who would ever have though that the best selling Porsche car would be the Cayenne and within that range, the best seller the diesel?

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one - hybris - 17-10-2011 06:23am

I heard that today its like 75-80% Diesel sales. So kind of surprising that some car vendors don't read the statistics. On the local level I know that my BMW dealer sells like 85% Diesel cars. Old rules don't apply anymore. Just think BMW and turbo. Today almost every engine from BMW is a turbo.

Hybrid cars would be their own category but are today gasoline engines. I see that many diesel-hybrids are being released. Peugeot just released one.

If I would have bought a Cayenne it would have been the diesel. The hybrid have to lousy mileage and are expensive. The new Cayenne is a good looking car even though its mostly the same car as the Touareg. The old Cayenne was really ugly. Wink

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one - mark_n - 17-10-2011 07:38am

There was a news item here that more than 85% of BMW 5 series sold this year have been the base 520d model. People want the prestige of the BMW but in this age of high fuel costs and highly (excessively?) policed roads, even a 2 litre turbo-diesel provides all the performance they can sensibly use. In the same way, most people here are going for the SD4. Does make me wonder how attractive the eD4 package will be. A power reduction too far or a green driver's Nirvana?

Anyway, to get back on track, an encouraging and heartfelt post from "trackmonkey" on the Indian thread suggests the cars are still coming in volume but we are all at the mercy of the parts suppliers. LR must look forward to the time when the cars can be programmed into the most cost efficient build sequence and have the myriad parts suppliers get their act together in response.

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one - Blackseries - 02-11-2011 05:08pm

RRE delivery delays make it into the Autocar News Section

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/259839/

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one - ED209 - 02-11-2011 05:27pm

(02-11-2011 05:08pm)Blackseries Wrote:  RRE delivery delays make it into the Autocar News Section

So they recon march or april delivery for an order placed now, sounds encouraging that my June order might turn up on time then! or will it?

But do they mean the time orders placed with dealers or the time the dealer puts the final spec to JLR? that is not clear from the article

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one - mark_n - 02-11-2011 05:42pm

Finally Autocar woke up to what's happening...

I suppose their statement that a "proportion" of cars will be late is technically correct, as in 90%+? As for the future, they're going to put a positive spin on lead times in case potential buyers go elsewhere.

The only thing you can say with complete certainty about any delivery date from LR or your dealer is that it will be wrong.

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one - Daglass - 02-11-2011 05:51pm

Time to ring my dealer and quote "Land Rover now says the supply of xenon headlamps is ‘back to normal’."

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one - paulus599 - 02-11-2011 08:24pm

(02-11-2011 05:08pm)Blackseries Wrote:  RRE delivery delays make it into the Autocar News Section

Hmm, I wonder who this Paul Terry could be? Wink

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one - cjfp - 02-11-2011 08:30pm

So, I should have my car well in advance of the January (slipped from October) if there is only a 3 / 4 week delay!