babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Richard Hammond's review in the Mirror - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Richard Hammond's review in the Mirror (/Thread-Richard-Hammond-s-review-in-the-Mirror)

Pages: 1 2

Richard Hammond's review in the Mirror - PhilSkill - 23-09-2011 02:10pm

Only odd thing is him saying the Dynamic seats are not that comfortable...! I was incredibly comfortable on my Unleashed day test drive...

And pic is not of Dynamic body kit either... looks more like a Pure with a Lux pack.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/advice/motoring/richard-hammond/2011/09/23/the-new-range-rover-evoque-i-m-green-with-envy-115875-23438793/

RE: Richard Hammond's review in the Mirror - Spiderman - 23-09-2011 02:18pm

Remember he is very, very small so he was probably lost in the RRE seats.... Laughing Very Happy

RE: Richard Hammond's review in the Mirror - nishandf - 23-09-2011 02:48pm

No, definitely a Prestige in the pic as has Atlas grille, side fenders and side sills. Also I felt a poor review from RH as he clearly does not watch his own show, when commenting on the Evoque's ride!

RE: Richard Hammond's review in the Mirror - Token - 23-09-2011 03:05pm

Strange review...lacks content and just doesn't say anything...has he actually driven it??

Lazy journalism.

RE: Richard Hammond's review in the Mirror - XFullFatTim - 23-09-2011 05:27pm

Do Daily Mirror readers do words? I thought it's the pictures that were important for them...............

It does seem an odd review from a journalist who is well known as a fan of the marque

RE: Richard Hammond's review in the Mirror - PhilSkill - 23-09-2011 07:59pm

(23-09-2011 05:27pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Do Daily Mirror readers do words? I thought it's the pictures that were important for them...............

It does seem an odd review from a journalist who is well known as a fan of the marque

It does seem a very dumbed down review with little content... I guess for the target audience... I only found this with Google, I hasten to add!!! Laughing

RE: Richard Hammond's review in the Mirror - ytshome - 23-09-2011 08:03pm

(23-09-2011 02:48pm)nishandf Wrote:  No, definitely a Prestige in the pic as has Atlas grille, side fenders and side sills. Also I felt a poor review from RH as he clearly does not watch his own show, when commenting on the Evoque's ride!

The picture is obviously a library picture but as he was presumably driving a UK spec SI4 it will be a dynamic that he's tested. The green sure looks good though!

RE: Richard Hammond's review in the Mirror - XFullFatTim - 23-09-2011 08:18pm

it will be one of those press fleet mongrels that we have spent weeks trying to work out what the was, I expect

RE: Richard Hammond's review in the Mirror - andyuk - 23-09-2011 09:49pm

Believe it or not but Mr Hammond lives about 3 miles from me & this afternoon I left my house to get onto the M50 which is about 1 mile away & guess what was behind me! Yes a Lime Green Dynamic Coupe & it looked fantastic I must say a total head turner. Anyway I let the car go past me thinking it was Hammond in there but it was a big guy with a Land Rover jacket so my guess is he had just picked it back up from Mr Hammond this was about 2.45pm today.

RE: Richard Hammond's review in the Mirror - bell-auto-services - 23-09-2011 10:29pm

LOL @ The Evoque has Land Rover’s clever-as-a-treeful-of-owls Terrain Response System