babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Vehicle Handover - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Vehicle Handover (/Thread-Vehicle-Handover)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Vehicle Handover - Bill - 07-09-2012 08:49am

(16-10-2011 06:02pm)DynamicRRV Wrote:  At the “Point of Order” always:
• Set realistic expectations as to likely delivery time frame/date. Advise all appropriate personnel of the time frame – periodically contacting the customer to reconfirm and advise staff members promptly if there is a change.
• Advise the customer that a comprehensive new-vehicle handover will take approximately 1.5 to 2 hours and ensure that they can commit to this time. If they are unable to set aside the full time, be clear that they must reschedule the delivery. Be courteous but firm.
• Be sure to request and record all Vehicle Personalisation preferences, so the vehicle will be properly programmed for handover.
Between Sale and Delivery always:
• Track the order, check the delivery date commitment and reconfirm with customer.
• Complete the Vehicle Configuration Sheet (located on TOPIXs?) and record customer preferences for available settings.
Just before Delivery always:
• Schedule the vehicle for PDI, personalization setup, accessory installation, full tank of Petrol/Diesel and full detail. Check all when complete.
• The day before delivery, reconfirm delivery arrangements with customer.
The day of/at Delivery always:
• Set time aside prior to customer appointment/delivery. Be organized.
• Check vehicle for general condition, cleanliness, accessories and personalisation preferences.
• Adapt the handover to the time available.
• Complete the purchase/finance and sign documents.
• Introduce customer to product ownership literature:
− Owner’s Handbook
− All applicable supplemental manuals and Service Portfolio
− New-Vehicle Warranty Corrosion Perforation, Warranty, Roadside Assistance
− Service Interval Requirements
• Introduce customer to Service personnel. If direct introductions are not possible, give customer a printed sheet providing contact details for key Service personnel.
• If time is short, prioritize handover feature explanations. Schedule a follow-up appointment to complete and cover all items.
Note: To make the experience more memorable, have the vehicle covered and a welcome board with the customer’s name displayed, Photograph of customer receiving the keys to his/her new vehicle. A small gift may be appropriate, LR/RR memento, flowers, favourite CD/DVD.
After Delivery:
• The period of time just after delivery is when most customers have the most questions regarding the operation of their new vehicle.
• At 2 to 4 days, contact your customer and answer any questions they may have. The customer may be surveyed by Land Rover after delivery.
• At 2 to 3 weeks, now that your customer has had time to become familiar with their new vehicle, contact them again to answer any additional questions. Do not hesitate to schedule another appointment if necessary to provide another opportunity to clarify the operation of any feature that may be unclear. The customer may again be surveyed by LR several weeks after delivery.

Great document but could you supply the original document from where it came. It's always nice to be able to refer to official documentation in the event of problems.
Cheers

RE: Vehicle Handover - IvorRedOne - 13-09-2012 05:02pm

Any chance you could supply reference to where this information was extracted from? Would love to shove this down the throat of Dealer Principal TP Topping of Enniskillen.

RE: Vehicle Handover - KaDargo - 13-09-2012 05:17pm

(07-09-2012 08:49am)Bill Wrote:  Great document but could you supply the original document from where it came. It's always nice to be able to refer to official documentation in the event of problems.
Cheers

I like the last 2 points - NO contact at all from the dealer, but I HAVE been contacted by LR!

Vehicle Handover - EpicEvo - 13-09-2012 05:24pm

So it's suppose to come with a full tank of fuel... I'll remember that Smile

RE: Vehicle Handover - doug - 13-09-2012 07:31pm

It's only a guide for dealerships to follow.
So the handover will verily from dealers. The full tank of fuel has been spoken about before & James from LPR confirmed that it's only a guide from LR, so your dealership doesn't have to supply a new car with a full tank.

RE: Vehicle Handover - WB - 13-09-2012 09:17pm

(13-09-2012 07:31pm)doug Wrote:  It's only a guide for dealerships to follow.
So the handover will verily from dealers. The full tank of fuel has been spoken about before & James from LPR confirmed that it's only a guide from LR, so your dealership doesn't have to supply a new car with a full tank.

Respectfully you would expect the dealers to say that. The way the document reads there are some parts which are clearly worded as discretionary such as supplying a "gift" and other parts that read much more like instructions such as the contacts, car being cleaned and the full tank.

From what I've seen the full tank issue seems to divide the decent dealers from the rest.

RE: Vehicle Handover - Lemming - 05-11-2012 04:30pm

(27-09-2011 01:01pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Hi yts, enjoy the sun and turn the iPad off... Wink

Don't call this advice but, If it were me i'd just tell them the facts from the experience, he's the principal so he should investigate how this happened, unless you feel you want something more from them... like a freebie (some mats, first service free etc etc) or something like that, up to you to state what you feel would reduce your annoyance. An apology would be appropriate since you didn't get stopped etc.

Anyone expecting a dealer principle to investigate hasn't had a problem with Stratstone. We had a terrible time with Stratstone Jaguar. We were later assured that this had been a terrible one off by a Stratstone LR dealer only for them to go on to challenge for the poorest dealer award!
The DP from Jaguar that I swore I would never deal with again was then relocated to the local LR dealership!

Stratsone appear to be able to source excellent slightly used stock at really good prices but after 2 attempts - it's just not worth the hassle to ever deal with them again - Shame because they have a Cayman I really like but NO!

RE: Vehicle Handover - Misfit - 05-11-2012 09:31pm

I'm going to be putting all this to the test on Wednesday. There are a few others I expect them to do

1. Have the car indoors under a big cloth, ready for a grand reveal
2. I expect to be treated like a princess for the whole of my time there
3. I'm not bothered about flowers or wine or cuddly toys, but do expect the original mats to still be in the car, even though they have offered to put rubber mats in for 'free'

Picking up the car 5 days earlier than expected which is a bonus.
Can't wait!!!

RE: Vehicle Handover - XFullFatTim - 05-11-2012 11:09pm

(05-11-2012 09:31pm)Misfit Wrote:  but do expect the original mats to still be in the car, even though they have offered to put rubber mats in for 'free'

One less set of cheap luxury OEM mats to go on e-Bay then..................Laughing

RE: Vehicle Handover - MikeinNY - 10-11-2012 01:43am

Picked my Evoque up today. My salesman had it right out front, on time. It included both summer (cloth) and winter (rubber) floor mats, and a full tank of fuel. The first service at twelve months or 15,000 miles is free.

Very happy with my dealer (Land Rover Darien in Darien, CT).