babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Stop / Start Technology - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Stop / Start Technology (/Thread-Stop-Start-Technology)

Stop / Start Technology - cjfp - 03-04-2011 01:51pm

Does the Automatic have Stop / Start Technology or does the lack of a clutch pedal mean it won't ?

RE: Stop / Start Technology - Blackseries - 03-04-2011 02:04pm

No mention of Stop / Start on Auto's as far as I'm aware. I think it has to be a function of the gearbox. If it was using the new XF 8 speed then it would have that ability - I don't think the 6 speed auto has it.

RE: Stop / Start Technology - XFullFatTim - 03-04-2011 04:56pm

There isn't a lot of point in having it on an automatic is there? I mean there is still a lot of slippage in most types of auto box that would probably waste more fuel than stop start would save?

RE: Stop / Start Technology - Firebird - 03-04-2011 10:45pm

Latest Porsche Cayenne has it and it does make a difference according to the test reports.

Cheers

RE: Stop / Start Technology - XFullFatTim - 03-04-2011 10:50pm

It's only useful if you do a fair bit of commuter/ town driving surely where you get delays at traffic lights? My cars rarely go into city centres as I either use the park and ride from out of town =£1 all day for parking and free bus to the middle of town where cars cannot go or £1 for 30 minutes in town in the NCP....................... being a trainee Scotsman I use the out of town parking!