babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
3 door/ Coupe Evoque killed off - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: 3 door/ Coupe Evoque killed off (/Thread-3-door-Coupe-Evoque-killed-off)

3 door/ Coupe Evoque killed off - XFullFatTim - 06-09-2018 01:56pm

Production of the best looking but very slow selling 3 door Evoque has stopped according to What Car? October edition. There will be no replacement with the 2019 facelift / new version and the convertible will continue with the current body design. I’m sure that there is a mistake in the report on the next gen Evoque where What Car? States that only the 9 speed auto will be available for the transmission - cannot believe that JLR wouldn’t have some versions with a manual gearbox in the range. A new 1.5 litre PHEV with a Diesel engine will be added to the range and rear leg room and boot space has been improved by increasing the wheelbase. Prices to start at £33,000 for the 2019 new model.

RE: 3 door/ Coupe Evoque killed off - RogB - 06-09-2018 03:10pm

thought the 3 door has been discontinued at the 2016 facelift ?

I bought mine because ive always loved the look of them over the 5 door, the only downsides being access into the rear is tight (I rarely carry back seat passengers anyway) and the options for roof racks/bars are very very limited. But other than that they are lot more unique looking IMO than the 5 door without compromising on boot space or driving dynamics, which makes them more desirable as a lifestyle vehicle.

I always loved both Freelander 1 3 door that Ive owned, driving with the roof off was great fun, very beach buggy like Smile

RE: 3 door/ Coupe Evoque killed off - XFullFatTim - 06-09-2018 05:09pm

The 3 door also was, bar the cctv wing “mirrors” and a minor change to the rake of the front screen, the design exercise called LRX made real. I had one of the first cars off the production line in 2011 and it was a Coupe, Fuji White and the only options it didn’t have were contrast roof, smokers pack and the spare wheel. Much preferred it to the 5 door I had after it in 2014 which oddly felt too much like driving an ordinary car.

RE: 3 door/ Coupe Evoque killed off - RogB - 07-09-2018 10:05am

I might change the rear badging on mine to LRX Smile haha