babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Wheel Bearing - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Maintenance (/Forum-Maintenance)
+--- Thread: Wheel Bearing (/Thread-Wheel-Bearing)

Wheel Bearing - shortnick - 31-10-2017 01:03pm

Hi all. My Evoque has done just over 42000 miles but has developed a very worrying noise. It was a kind of low level grinding, like something rubbing, but not linked to speed, along with a throbbing which was linked to speed. In addition, there was a lot of 'clunkiness' (knocks, etc) being transmitted through the pedals. I took it into LR (I have an extended warranty) and they said that it is a worn offside front wheel bearing. It is being replaced in a week or so which should cure the problem. I will keep you posted whether it does, but in the meantime if anyone else has a similar noise, have LR check the bearings.

RE: Wheel Bearing - XFullFatTim - 31-10-2017 03:33pm

Make sure that if it isn’t the bearing that they resolve the issue as it could be other things than a wheel bearing

RE: Wheel Bearing - shortnick - 20-11-2017 12:33pm

Had the bearing replaced last week and all the noises have gone. I will keep an ear out for anything else, but it appears that if you are having the same problem as I had then a bearing replacement could be the solution.