babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Park Assist Updates - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Park Assist Updates (/Thread-Park-Assist-Updates)

Park Assist Updates - beaker9199 - 30-01-2017 09:59pm

Hi Guys,

Just about to take delivery of a 2013 SD4 Prestige with park assist and wondered if it was a software update to add perp park and exit or there is hardware too?

RE: Park Assist Updates - syl - 30-01-2017 10:58pm

Unless it's free and you happen to be at the dealer's anyway, I wouldn't waste your time and money. Does anyone really use park assist?

RE: Park Assist Updates - wheels - 31-01-2017 11:28am

I tried mine to see how it worked, but havent used it since

RE: Park Assist Updates - XFullFatTim - 31-01-2017 01:43pm

I believe that you can only have Perpendicular Parking as a factory fitted option, as such there isn't any software upgrade that LR dealers could apply and if they could, in the best LR tradition it would be horrendously expensive. I had it on my 2nd Evoque and IIRC it required Blind Spot Monitoring and some extra sensors to give you the approaching traffic warning that is part of the system. That bit of the set-up I found far more useful than either of the Park Assist functions. Also on 2014MY (so built from October 2013) Evoques couldn't have rear mud flaps and the perpendicular park function as the design of the rear mud flaps caused problems for the additional side sensors that are fitted for perpendicular parking

RE: Park Assist Updates - rchrdleigh - 02-02-2017 10:35pm

Latest version allows for both perpendicular and parallel parking and parking exit from parallel parking. Don't believe it's possible to update older versions to the latest ones.