babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Double 'bong' on startup. - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Double 'bong' on startup. (/Thread-Double-bong-on-startup)

Double 'bong' on startup. - Steve D - 05-01-2017 12:36am

As above. I sometimes get a double 'bong' on startup. The same one you get when it's 4°C or less. It can't be the outside temperature warning every time though because I've had it with outside temps as high as 10°C. Anyone else getting it? Any ideas what it could be?

RE: Double 'bong' on startup. - XFullFatTim - 05-01-2017 12:14pm

With my current RRS I have found that it seems to record temperatures even after the ignition is switched off. This morning it was showing -9c on the dash when my outside weather centre remote thermometer was showing -1C in the shade. When I start the car I get the same 2 bongs in very cold weather - one is the snowflake for black ice and i think the other is the warning that I have to wait for the glow plugs to do a prolonged warming cycle due to low temperature. Normally at 4C I only get a single bong for the snowflake and can start the car almost as soon as I get in.

RE: Double 'bong' on startup. - XFullFatTim - 05-01-2017 06:43pm

You can check the "bong" alarms by scrolling through one of the menus IIRC, could it be your washer bottle is also low?

RE: Double 'bong' on startup. - PhilSkill - 06-01-2017 09:55am

Yes I get this too, Always when Temp low star is showing, but also when it was showing the day before even though temps have risen since.

Think I sometimes get a single bong on startup for which there is no message and no idea what it's for even in the summer. Makes me shout "What?" at it Laughing