babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Halogen to Xenon conversion, can't get DRLs to turn on when headlights aren't on - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: Halogen to Xenon conversion, can't get DRLs to turn on when headlights aren't on (/Thread-Halogen-to-Xenon-conversion-can-t-get-DRLs-to-turn-on-when-headlights-aren-t-on)

Pages: 1 2 3

Halogen to Xenon conversion, can't get DRLs to turn on when headlights aren't on - pymikey - 14-12-2016 03:11am

Hello all! Thanks to massive amounts of reading on this fourm, I talked myself into trying the conversion from the terrible halogen lights my car came with to the xenon lights. I got a pair on eBay, swapped them out, bought the IIDTool from Gap Diagnostics and reprogrammed the car for the Xenon lights. Everything seems to work okay except the DRLs - they are on when the headlights are on, but they don't turn on during the day, when the headlights are off.
I changed both the Xenon setting and the DRL setting on the IIDTool.

Anyone else have a similar problem? I've tried searching and reading to no avail in the forum.

Thanks in advance for your help!

RE: Halogen to Xenon conversion, can't get DRLs to turn on when headlights aren't on - bee - 14-12-2016 10:58am

lots have tryed and failed. i changed my evo to get the signature drls among orther toys.

RE: Halogen to Xenon conversion, can't get DRLs to turn on when headlights aren't on - PhilSkill - 14-12-2016 12:42pm

Not sure I can help as there's been many conversions and all with different issues, but you should at least mention the MY of the lights old and new as they are all a bit different.

RE: Halogen to Xenon conversion, can't get DRLs to turn on when headlights aren't on - pymikey - 14-12-2016 03:46pm

I stayed up quite awhile reading all the attempts and I think I am getting that now.
I have a MY15 and I am attempting to fit MY14 Xenon lights - non-adaptive. It appears I will have to do some internal changes to the light unit itself. I found a wiring diagram for the connector, but it doesn't look like mine. I don't mind messing around with the lights - I can always throw my old ones back in if what I do fails. Anyone have the more technical changes that need to be made internally to the light unit?

RE: Halogen to Xenon conversion, can't get DRLs to turn on when headlights aren't on - Donny Dog - 14-12-2016 06:37pm

Could you provide a permanent live feed from the ignition just to the DRL bulbs (even if these also get a separate feed from the light switch at times)?

RE: Halogen to Xenon conversion, can't get DRLs to turn on when headlights aren't on - PJRComputerSolutions - 14-12-2016 07:45pm

Of What I've also read is that most People have an issue with the XENON's coming on & then switching Off, Which the IIDtool fixes....Rather than having issues with the DRL's...

Maybe put up a Picture of your Headlamp connector?

I know the Headlamp Wiring between Prefacelift & newer Models are different, but I have been Told, that the Model I have a MY2014 Pure Tech with Halogens should have the same HeadLamp Wiring, as the HID, enabled one's.....

Powerfulukltd on YouTube has a PDF of the Connector & there is one on here somewhere as well!!!!!

Did you buy the US Version of the XENON's or the UK/EU version?

It's very frustrating, as some people have success, with just swapping, whislst others have no-end of issues....!!!!

Also what MY2015, have you got? The person that had success, had a MY2014, I think, Don't know what year the HID's were though......

Maybe some subtle Differences between Wiring on the MY2014/2015 Models....

RE: Halogen to Xenon conversion, can't get DRLs to turn on when headlights aren't on - PhilSkill - 14-12-2016 10:13pm

I have this which may help

[attachment=4628]

RE: Halogen to Xenon conversion, can't get DRLs to turn on when headlights aren't on - pymikey - 15-12-2016 03:34pm

(14-12-2016 10:13pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  I have this which may help

This looks like a great place to start. I wish it showed which wire went to which pin though. I'd like to know which pin needs power for the high phase DLRs to work - so I can hook that up to an ignition wire.

To clarify, the DLRs to work on low phase, I just have to turn the parking lights on.

RE: Halogen to Xenon conversion, can't get DRLs to turn on when headlights aren't on - PhilSkill - 15-12-2016 04:48pm

I believe it does, the last digit is the pin number, <unit no>-<pin> so the top wire is on pin 3.

RE: Halogen to Xenon conversion, can't get DRLs to turn on when headlights aren't on - mrfleurs - 15-12-2016 05:59pm

i'd love to do this to my 62 plate evoque - does anyone know if there is surefire way of getting right first time without too much trouble???