Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Halogen to Xenon conversion, can't get DRLs to turn on when headlights aren't on
pymikey

Halogen to Xenon conversion, can't get DRLs to turn on when headlights aren't on

Hello all! Thanks to massive amounts of reading on this fourm, I talked myself into trying the conversion from the terrible halogen lights my car came with to the xenon lights. I got a pair on eBay, swapped them out, bought the IIDTool from Gap Diagnostics and reprogrammed the car for the Xenon lights. Everything seems to work okay except the DRLs - they are on when the headlights are on, but they don't turn on during the day, when the headlights are off.
I changed both the Xenon setting and the DRL setting on the IIDTool.

Anyone else have a similar problem? I've tried searching and reading to no avail in the forum.

Thanks in advance for your help!
14-12-2016 03:11am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bee

RE: Halogen to Xenon conversion, can't get DRLs to turn on when headlights aren't on

lots have tryed and failed. i changed my evo to get the signature drls among orther toys.

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
14-12-2016 10:58am
PhilSkill

RE: Halogen to Xenon conversion, can't get DRLs to turn on when headlights aren't on

Not sure I can help as there's been many conversions and all with different issues, but you should at least mention the MY of the lights old and new as they are all a bit different.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
14-12-2016 12:42pm
pymikey

I stayed up quite awhile reading all the attempts and I think I am getting that now.
I have a MY15 and I am attempting to fit MY14 Xenon lights - non-adaptive. It appears I will have to do some internal changes to the light unit itself. I found a wiring diagram for the connector, but it doesn't look like mine. I don't mind messing around with the lights - I can always throw my old ones back in if what I do fails. Anyone have the more technical changes that need to be made internally to the light unit?
14-12-2016 03:46pm
Donny Dog

Could you provide a permanent live feed from the ignition just to the DRL bulbs (even if these also get a separate feed from the light switch at times)?
14-12-2016 06:37pm
PJRComputerSolutions

Of What I've also read is that most People have an issue with the XENON's coming on & then switching Off, Which the IIDtool fixes....Rather than having issues with the DRL's...

Maybe put up a Picture of your Headlamp connector?

I know the Headlamp Wiring between Prefacelift & newer Models are different, but I have been Told, that the Model I have a MY2014 Pure Tech with Halogens should have the same HeadLamp Wiring, as the HID, enabled one's.....

Powerfulukltd on YouTube has a PDF of the Connector & there is one on here somewhere as well!!!!!

Did you buy the US Version of the XENON's or the UK/EU version?

It's very frustrating, as some people have success, with just swapping, whislst others have no-end of issues....!!!!

Also what MY2015, have you got? The person that had success, had a MY2014, I think, Don't know what year the HID's were though......

Maybe some subtle Differences between Wiring on the MY2014/2015 Models....
(This post was last modified: 14-12-2016 08:03pm by PJRComputerSolutions.)
14-12-2016 07:45pm
PhilSkill

I have this which may help

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
14-12-2016 10:13pm
pymikey

(14-12-2016 10:13pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  I have this which may help

This looks like a great place to start. I wish it showed which wire went to which pin though. I'd like to know which pin needs power for the high phase DLRs to work - so I can hook that up to an ignition wire.

To clarify, the DLRs to work on low phase, I just have to turn the parking lights on.
15-12-2016 03:34pm
PhilSkill

I believe it does, the last digit is the pin number, <unit no>-<pin> so the top wire is on pin 3.

15-12-2016 04:48pm
mrfleurs

i'd love to do this to my 62 plate evoque - does anyone know if there is surefire way of getting right first time without too much trouble???
15-12-2016 05:59pm