babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Evoque Squeak - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Evoque Squeak (/Thread-Evoque-Squeak)

Evoque Squeak - evoqoueHSE - 12-12-2016 01:36am

Car has developed a squeak when rolling

any ideas?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZxefYDXBUM

thank you.

RE: Evoque Squeak - benzina - 12-12-2016 02:07am

brake pads touching disc?

RE: Evoque Squeak - evoqoueHSE - 12-12-2016 02:09am

(12-12-2016 02:07am)benzina Wrote:  brake pads touching disc?

breaks do squeak when pressed, been back to LR 3x times now Sad

RE: Evoque Squeak - benzina - 12-12-2016 05:49am

LR need to fix it once and for all if that is the case. Pads touching disc's is not exactly rocket science especially if its evident while in there hands.

RE: Evoque Squeak - Sarcastrix - 12-12-2016 09:14am

Sounds exactly the same as mine, but the noise stops when I touch the brake pedal. Was told I needed the discs skimming but as there's only 2mm of useable metal (11mm - 9mm) that's not a good solution. I ended up buying new discs & pads on Amazon - still need to get them fitted, but as there's plenty of meat left on the current pads & discs i'm not too concerned.

Drives me mental at the national speed limit.

RE: Evoque Squeak - window - 12-12-2016 09:34am

I have a similar intermittent problem. In the morning I reverse out of my garage up a slight incline and I get a rubbing/squeaking sound. If I gently apply the brakes the sound gets more raspy. It sounds to be the rear brakes. I don't hear the sound again for the rest of the day. The vehicle has been in once . The service sheet says "Inspect rear brakes binding first thing in the morning. Strip rear brakes to inspect. Clean and deglaze rear brake pads." I assume they did complete these actions - but I still get the same rubbing/squeaking sound. Vehicle going in again this week.
I wonder what deglaze means? Does it mean grinding off the pads thus reducing their life?

RE: Evoque Squeak - XFullFatTim - 12-12-2016 10:56am

Also ask them to check the parking brake isn't sticking on slightly as that can also bind a bit.