babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
retro fitting power tailgate - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: retro fitting power tailgate (/Thread-retro-fitting-power-tailgate)

Pages: 1 2

retro fitting power tailgate - Clip - 13-11-2016 01:51am

Anyone done this yet? I was looking at bro's Disco Sport and the struts are fully self contained so that's a start. The Evoque has tailgate release in console and key fob, so can't see why the trigger for that couldn't be used to send a signal to the struts to open. For closing, would just need to add the close button on the tailgate to trigger the struts to close. Would just mean that you couldn't close it remotely is all.

Any thoughts anyone?

RE: retro fitting power tailgate - syl - 13-11-2016 08:24pm

You can't close it remotely (from the factory) anyway. There is a mod you can get for remote close.

RE: retro fitting power tailgate - Clip - 14-11-2016 10:32am

(13-11-2016 08:24pm)syl Wrote:  You can't close it remotely (from the factory) anyway. There is a mod you can get for remote close.
I didn't know that thanks, but that makes it even easier. I wonder how much the struts are?

RE: retro fitting power tailgate - MarkW - 24-03-2019 07:07pm

Did this project go any further? If so what costs are involved and was it plug and play? I've just purchased a HSE Dynamic with the manual boot. Would love to upgrade to power close and if possible power open.

RE: retro fitting power tailgate - MarkW - 02-04-2019 02:33pm

After a bit of research I've found the following

Switch
LR025424
LR £32
Bearmach £10

Wiring Tailgate (I gave my reg number to dealer and this is the part number I've been supplied. 18 plate HSE)
LR096986
£323

Struts
LR105392
£165 ea

Control Module (Genuine only)
LR049869
£120

I make that £805. So not that expensive.

Control module is available on well known auction site for £80 so could save £40 there. I'm sure other bits are on there as well.

RE: retro fitting power tailgate - MarkW - 05-04-2019 12:50pm

Found a chinese supplier, they'll supply the complete kit for $380 + $94 for the foot sensor. So a bit better.

RE: retro fitting power tailgate - wungun - 06-04-2019 02:17am

Can the foot sensor alone be used on say a 2013 Evoque?

RE: retro fitting power tailgate - XFullFatTim - 06-04-2019 10:29am

From experience of my last two cars having the gesture activation of the tailgate it isn’t worth fitting, makes you look a prat trying to get your foot in the right place to be detected and it is quicker to use the button on the fob or the release button on the tailgate.

RE: retro fitting power tailgate - MarkW - 06-04-2019 01:03pm

The gesture sensor isn't an option I'm looking at currently, I think it is very gimmicky and as others have said, not worth the effort.
But going electric from manual for £270 is, well in my mind. As long as it uses genuine connectors, so if a part does malfunction, you can just go buy a genuine part rather than wait for shipping from China.

RE: retro fitting power tailgate - XFullFatTim - 06-04-2019 03:59pm

Yes a powered tailgate lift, especially if you can also activate it from the key fob, is really useful. If you get it right too you can set the height to which it will open so either it doesn’t hit the garage ceiling or so it stops just high enough to reach the closing switch if you aren’t so tall!