babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Loss of power - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: Loss of power (/Thread-Loss-of-power)

Pages: 1 2

Loss of power - imthebest20 - 10-07-2016 09:17pm

13/14 evoque 2.2 SD4 35k miles

Randomly seems to loose power for 2-3 seconds. Exceptionally intermittent. Can happen 2-3 times on a longish journey or may not happen for a week. It's happens at junctions when I'm trying to get going, happens at 70ish on the motorway.

The revs just drop and I loose all power (like the turbo temporarily does)

My warranty is up in a few months so I'm getting a bit concerned that it could turn into something hugely expensive.

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loss of power - bigmac3161 - 10-07-2016 09:26pm

Get it looked at before the warrantys up

Loss of power - imthebest20 - 10-07-2016 10:30pm

(10-07-2016 09:26pm)bigmac3161 Wrote:  Get it looked at before the warrantys up

Trying to but it's really intermittent and they don't know what it is, I'm hoping someone on the forum may have faced a similar issue or may have an idea what it could be.

Loss of power - bigmac3161 - 11-07-2016 02:12pm

Use ur phone and video it next time it happens at least it'll be a start

RE: Loss of power - CRC@LandRover - 15-07-2016 04:26pm

Hi,

I am sorry to hear of the concern you seem to be experiencing with your vehicle.

I would be more than happy to look into this matter further and provide assistance where appropriate if you could kindly PM us providing the following:

Registration Number
Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
Relevant Approved Land Rover Retailer
Full name
Preferred contact details.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kind regards,

Hannah - Land Rover UK

(10-07-2016 09:17pm)imthebest20 Wrote:  13/14 evoque 2.2 SD4 35k miles

Randomly seems to loose power for 2-3 seconds. Exceptionally intermittent. Can happen 2-3 times on a longish journey or may not happen for a week. It's happens at junctions when I'm trying to get going, happens at 70ish on the motorway.

The revs just drop and I loose all power (like the turbo temporarily does)

My warranty is up in a few months so I'm getting a bit concerned that it could turn into something hugely expensive.

Any ideas?

Loss of power - Burbarry - 18-07-2016 02:54am

I was having an issue with my battery not getting a full charge after taking it in 3 different times, and them telling me nothing is wrong they replaced some alternator sensor. Now my Eco stop is working again Smile

Sent from pay phone in the airport.

RE: Loss of power - Jeroma - 11-08-2016 12:10pm

RE: Loss of power - Evoqueen - 12-08-2016 03:41am

It happens to me too. I haven't been able to find a pattern. Sometimes there a delay when I start the car. Sometimes it disconnects from my phone and restarts itself after I've been driving for a while. Sometimes it's a few seconds and I've had it last 20 minutes also. I can say it is happening more frequently.

RE: Loss of power - CRC@LandRover - 15-08-2016 10:15am

(12-08-2016 03:41am)Evoqueen Wrote:  It happens to me too. I haven't been able to find a pattern. Sometimes there a delay when I start the car. Sometimes it disconnects from my phone and restarts itself after I've been driving for a while. Sometimes it's a few seconds and I've had it last 20 minutes also. I can say it is happening more frequently.

Good morning Evoqueen,

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry to learn of your query, and would be more than happy to assist with any queries you may have. Please do not hesitate to PM me with your vehicle details including a telephone number and an email address.

Many thanks,
Amellia

RE: Loss of power - RogB - 15-08-2016 10:59am

This has been a long ongong problem on the Freelander 2 forum (freel2.com) with the earlier SD4 2.2 engines from 2011/2012.
the car loses power particularly when pulling away and then suddenly kicks in, like something is sticking or fuel is not getting through properly.

I don't think there has ever been a conclusive fix for this, some have been fixed or improved by flashing new software to the main ECU and fuelling systems, some have been sorted by changing the throttle body or reflashing the throttle sensors.
some have tried all of the above and not seen any change.

my new 2012 SD4 Evoque is also doing it (only had it for 2 weeks) but its in for major service (which the LR dealer failed to do on purchase) on 1st September so the fuel filter will be changed then along with the usual other filters. Ill mention it to them then as its pretty scary at junctions when it happens.