Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Loss of power
imthebest20

Loss of power

13/14 evoque 2.2 SD4 35k miles

Randomly seems to loose power for 2-3 seconds. Exceptionally intermittent. Can happen 2-3 times on a longish journey or may not happen for a week. It's happens at junctions when I'm trying to get going, happens at 70ish on the motorway.

The revs just drop and I loose all power (like the turbo temporarily does)

My warranty is up in a few months so I'm getting a bit concerned that it could turn into something hugely expensive.

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10-07-2016 09:17pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bigmac3161

Loss of power

Get it looked at before the warrantys up
10-07-2016 09:26pm
imthebest20

Loss of power

(10-07-2016 09:26pm)bigmac3161 Wrote:  Get it looked at before the warrantys up

Trying to but it's really intermittent and they don't know what it is, I'm hoping someone on the forum may have faced a similar issue or may have an idea what it could be.

10-07-2016 10:30pm
bigmac3161

Loss of power

Use ur phone and video it next time it happens at least it'll be a start
11-07-2016 02:12pm
CRC@LandRover

RE: Loss of power

Hi,

I am sorry to hear of the concern you seem to be experiencing with your vehicle.

I would be more than happy to look into this matter further and provide assistance where appropriate if you could kindly PM us providing the following:

Registration Number
Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
Relevant Approved Land Rover Retailer
Full name
Preferred contact details.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kind regards,

Hannah - Land Rover UK

(10-07-2016 09:17pm)imthebest20 Wrote:  13/14 evoque 2.2 SD4 35k miles

Randomly seems to loose power for 2-3 seconds. Exceptionally intermittent. Can happen 2-3 times on a longish journey or may not happen for a week. It's happens at junctions when I'm trying to get going, happens at 70ish on the motorway.

The revs just drop and I loose all power (like the turbo temporarily does)

My warranty is up in a few months so I'm getting a bit concerned that it could turn into something hugely expensive.

Any ideas?

Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.
15-07-2016 04:26pm
Burbarry

Loss of power

I was having an issue with my battery not getting a full charge after taking it in 3 different times, and them telling me nothing is wrong they replaced some alternator sensor. Now my Eco stop is working again Smile

Sent from pay phone in the airport.
18-07-2016 02:54am
Jeroma

Evoque MY2014 ED4 Pure Tech in Aintree Green - Almond/Expresso, priv. glass, rear camera etc...
other cars in house: Renault Megane CC
1960 Triumph TR3A in BRG - on Webers
1970 Triumph TR6PI in jasmine on EFI
11-08-2016 12:10pm
Evoqueen

It happens to me too. I haven't been able to find a pattern. Sometimes there a delay when I start the car. Sometimes it disconnects from my phone and restarts itself after I've been driving for a while. Sometimes it's a few seconds and I've had it last 20 minutes also. I can say it is happening more frequently.

2016 Evoque HSE Dynamic, Santorini Black with Cirrus Grey interior, coated in Ceramic Pro 9H Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2016 08:02pm by Evoqueen.)
12-08-2016 03:41am
CRC@LandRover

(12-08-2016 03:41am)Evoqueen Wrote:  It happens to me too. I haven't been able to find a pattern. Sometimes there a delay when I start the car. Sometimes it disconnects from my phone and restarts itself after I've been driving for a while. Sometimes it's a few seconds and I've had it last 20 minutes also. I can say it is happening more frequently.

Good morning Evoqueen,

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry to learn of your query, and would be more than happy to assist with any queries you may have. Please do not hesitate to PM me with your vehicle details including a telephone number and an email address.

Many thanks,
Amellia

Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.
15-08-2016 10:15am
RogB

This has been a long ongong problem on the Freelander 2 forum (freel2.com) with the earlier SD4 2.2 engines from 2011/2012.
the car loses power particularly when pulling away and then suddenly kicks in, like something is sticking or fuel is not getting through properly.

I don't think there has ever been a conclusive fix for this, some have been fixed or improved by flashing new software to the main ECU and fuelling systems, some have been sorted by changing the throttle body or reflashing the throttle sensors.
some have tried all of the above and not seen any change.

my new 2012 SD4 Evoque is also doing it (only had it for 2 weeks) but its in for major service (which the LR dealer failed to do on purchase) on 1st September so the fuel filter will be changed then along with the usual other filters. Ill mention it to them then as its pretty scary at junctions when it happens.

2012 Evoque Pure 5 door - Santorini Black, 20'' style 6 wheels, privacy, fogs, (accident damaged wreck direct from LR approved :rollSmile
2011 Evoque Prestige 3 door - Indus Silver, gloss black 19'' style 5 wheels, privacy, partial black pack.

and a few Freelander 2 over the yearsLaughing
15-08-2016 10:59am