babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Dealer settings to disable - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Dealer settings to disable (/Thread-Dealer-settings-to-disable)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Dealer settings to disable - benzina - 01-03-2012 02:31am

(29-02-2012 02:17pm)benzina Wrote:  Here's the thing.....Apparently all Australian delivered Evoques have the (auto-folding-mirrors-on-lock/unlock) enabled from the factory as standard, so before i took delivery, i asked my dealer to disable this feature, as i only want them to fold/unfold on demand using the door switches.
At first they said they did not find in there menu how it could be done, and would request information from LD Australia.
As it turned out, they managed to disable this feature, BUT, it also disabled the on demand buttons on the door, which is not at all ideal,and if there is no alternative, then i will have to get them to re-enable the feature and be done with it.
My question is....have they done this right? should the on-demand still be working? Can anyone who knows all the tech about this please chime in. Cheers.

Anyone have an answer?

RE: Dealer settings to disable - XFullFatTim - 01-03-2012 08:21am

The on demand should still be working because there are times in tight spots when you might need to fold the mirrors. Looks like you are going to have to return to the dealer to get the power fold on locking re-enabled if you want to have the ability to fold them using the buttons and then live with them folding on locking! What is the problem with the mirrors being folded when your car is locked up and you are not in it? Have you also tried looking in the settings menu on the dash?

RE: Dealer settings to disable - benzina - 01-03-2012 10:15am

I've only had chance to look at the dash settings menu briefly, and the closest related thing i saw was dipping the mirrors when reverse is selected.
Will have to have a good read of the manual i think, but my reason for wanting to disable the folding-on-lock,is because i still prefer to think and control most systems, like a pilot,and i just think this particular automated feature would be best served when one feels it might be necessary to deploy,rather then every single time one locks the car.
Anyway,just need to find out for sure, if both features are connected...that is (1) Command buttons (2) Auto fold on lock.
If i find out they connected,and cannot be separated, then i will have to have them enable the function.

RE: Dealer settings to disable - Cedric - 01-03-2012 07:28pm

(01-03-2012 10:15am)benzina Wrote:  I've only had chance to look at the dash settings menu briefly, and the closest related thing i saw was dipping the mirrors when reverse is selected.
Will have to have a good read of the manual i think, but my reason for wanting to disable the folding-on-lock,is because i still prefer to think and control most systems, like a pilot,and i just think this particular automated feature would be best served when one feels it might be necessary to deploy,rather then every single time one locks the car.
Anyway,just need to find out for sure, if both features are connected...that is (1) Command buttons (2) Auto fold on lock.
If i find out they connected,and cannot be separated, then i will have to have them enable the function.

With the mirrors folding automatically you can easily see if the car is closed or not.

RE: Dealer settings to disable - ChuckieB - 02-03-2012 01:36am

(01-03-2012 07:28pm)Cedric Wrote:  With the mirrors folding automatically you can easily see if the car is closed or not.

Yes, gives a huge amount of comfort knowing you can take a glance an know that it is locked.

RE: Dealer settings to disable - benzina - 02-03-2012 01:48am

Understandably good for keyless entry, but i don't have that (and nor did i want it), as i much prefer the old school way of always automatically pulling the handle to check.

RE: Dealer settings to disable - pureevoque - 02-03-2012 10:32am

Isn't there a 'beep' or a 'chirp' on locking \ unlocking ?

RE: Dealer settings to disable - benzina - 02-03-2012 12:12pm

(02-03-2012 10:32am)pureevoque Wrote:  Isn't there a 'beep' or a 'chirp' on locking \ unlocking ?

Yep, that also backs it up, so don't need mirrors going in and out aswell.

RE: Dealer settings to disable - benzina - 20-03-2012 12:47pm

(01-03-2012 02:31am)benzina Wrote:  Anyone have an answer?

Well, it seems in order to have the power folding mirrors (on demand function) working, i must also have the automatic folding on lock/unlock function activated aswell.....dealer says their can not be one or the other. As i clearly wanted the on demand function, i had them re-activate the full function.

RE: Dealer settings to disable - JackMac - 20-03-2012 04:19pm

(20-03-2012 12:47pm)benzina Wrote:  Well, it seems in order to have the power folding mirrors (on demand function) working, i must also have the automatic folding on lock/unlock function activated aswell.....dealer says their can not be one or the other. As i clearly wanted the on demand function, i had them re-activate the full function.

Thank you for that informative post. Just saved me a trip to the dealer.

I was planning to disable the automatic fold feature, and wanted to retain the manual fold feature. The concern is that the motors will burn out over time (probably just as the warranty expires!) Also in winter with ice and snow, it may not be a great idea to have the motors trying to rotate a frozen mirror housing Confused