babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Brake callipers - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: Brake callipers (/Thread-Brake-callipers)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Brake callipers - Irish-RRE - 27-12-2015 03:14am

(07-11-2015 09:21pm)tattoobob26 Wrote:  Nice do you have black wheels? A pic maybe?
I went with Red, sets it off nicely.

RE: Brake callipers - bee - 27-12-2015 04:25pm

looks fab with the stickers bzzzzzzzzzzzzzThumbs Up

RE: Brake callipers - Irish-RRE - 27-12-2015 05:12pm

[attachment=4446]
(27-12-2015 04:25pm)bee Wrote:  looks fab with the stickers bzzzzzzzzzzzzzThumbs Up
Yeah think the stickers are a nice touch.

RE: Brake callipers - Dottyflo - 28-04-2016 07:21pm

What's the best kit on the market ???
I've seen the plastic covers that fit over the Callipers, but looking at the video they need to be cut and shaped then stuck on ... And that's what turned me off em.. So I'm going for the paint kit ... But wondered if there was a kit thats preferred
Black wheels so red of course Smile

See this one pop up quite often
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RED-E-Tech-Brake-Caliper-Paint-Kit-Also-For-Drums-Car-ETECH-Engine-Bay-/251749046265?hash=item3a9d6997f9:g:yS4AAOSwAL9UhaOg

RE: Brake callipers - XFullFatTim - 28-04-2016 07:44pm

No No Nooooooooo they have to be yellow to look like Brembo Carbon Ceramic jobbies! Or Sky Blue to look like the SVR ones................... Red is so last century............. And come on every Ferrari and Porsche.
BTW make sure that the paint is heat resisting, there have been huge issues with the optional Red ones available for RRS2 fading and the paint peeling off, some folks are on their 3rd set under warranty!

RE: Brake callipers - Dottyflo - 28-04-2016 08:16pm

I thought red to go with the interior
What about White ????
[Image: image_zps3kkekypy.jpeg]

RE: Brake callipers - XFullFatTim - 28-04-2016 08:59pm

Gets dirty with brake dust too quickly

RE: Brake callipers - jitenc - 29-04-2016 02:30am

SVR blue anytime.
I don't also think it will show any different with the red interior.

RE: Brake callipers - Dottyflo - 29-04-2016 06:08am

I'll have to give this some thought over the weekend and have a search on the interweb at some images to see what callipers look good with the same colour combo as mine Smile

RE: Brake callipers - Dottyflo - 07-05-2016 07:36pm

Forgive me members for I have sinned Laughing

Decided on red for my callipers even tho a few of you recommended blue
Bought a set of brembo calliper covers after seeing them on the net
I was against them at first but slowly came round the more I see them fitted to cars on google images

Well they arrived today, and they look a little to plasticky for my taste....so I'm gonna get the paint kit and next week I'll remove my wheels and get a better look at the callipers then decide what the next step of action I'll take ..... But I'll most likely do the paint Very Happy
i needed to buy the calliper cover just to see what they looked like in the flesh..

So I now have a set of calliper covers for sale lol

[Image: image_zpsiy9qpqlz.jpeg][Image: image_zpsnh8ahle4.jpeg]
[Image: image_zpsdthxj7ob.jpeg]