babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Where are all the Coupes? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Where are all the Coupes? (/Thread-Where-are-all-the-Coupes)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Where are all the Coupes? - benzina - 23-06-2013 03:56pm

And according to our poll here .... http://babyrr.com/forum/thread-1088.html , their is over 80% 5 door owners. In my area, i would say it's about a solid 90% 5 doors seen,and just a very occasional Coupe.
Interestingly though,we have a lot of schools in the area, and most of all of the Evoques i see, do NOT do the school run, or have kids.
Me, i don't have kids and am single, so i could have chosen a coupe,but i actually think the 5 door looks just as good as the coupe somehow....plus i love having the practicality of a 5 door after having had 2 doors in the past.
Having said that, i hope they continue offering the 3 door for those that want something a bit more exclusive....but wouldn't be nice if they could make a pilllarless rear window opening hardtop version.

RE: Where are all the Coupes? - stunt - 23-06-2013 08:34pm

Coupes look miles better than 4 door models.

RE: Where are all the Coupes? - Squidly73 - 23-06-2013 09:01pm

It seems represent % of pleasure use vs % utility use
Of course you could have fun with 5 doors too, but it looks less agressive and without excentricity

RE: Where are all the Coupes? - PhilSkill - 23-06-2013 09:31pm

Coupes look squished, but better than the Scirocco that looks like an Elephant sat on it's rear! Laughing

RE: Where are all the Coupes? - speary - 24-06-2013 08:30am

I love my coupe and it realy suits my needs but recently, against my best advice and protestations, my wife insisted that we give her parents a lift home (ages 90 dad, 86 mum, bad knees and a new hip). Mother-in-law in the back. suprisingly she got in quite easily and once in there was quite comfortable. 160 miles later it was time to get them out. Father-in-law no problem, just slipped out of the front seat. Mother-in-law, well all I can say is that 10 minutes later, one makeshift step at the side of the car and an injured knee, she was out. Supprisingly she has expressed a wish never to travel in the back of my car again Rolling Eyes

RE: Where are all the Coupes? - x-isle - 24-06-2013 09:19am

In my area it's 50/50.

....but then I live a bit remote and there's only 2 Evoques. Smile

RE: Where are all the Coupes? - XFullFatTim - 24-06-2013 09:24am

Speary, I have similarly aged parents, my mother has developed her own way of getting out of the rear of my coupe without injury and very quickly. She does prefer travelling in the front though!

RE: Where are all the Coupes? - Squidly73 - 24-06-2013 06:34pm

(23-06-2013 09:31pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Coupes look squished, but better than the Scirocco that looks like an Elephant sat on it's rear! Laughing

100 % agree with you about Scirocco, also its roof look like Orca

RE: Where are all the Coupes? - BA74 - 25-06-2013 10:54am

Wait... Let me get this straight, parent in laws don't like travelling in Coupe's???
Anyone want to swap for my 5 door???

RE: Where are all the Coupes? - doug - 25-06-2013 04:47pm

(24-06-2013 09:19am)x-isle Wrote:  In my area it's 50/50.

....but then I live a bit remote and there's only 2 Evoques. Smile

Rolling with Laughter