babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
20" Tyre dilemma - OEM Michelin vs OEM Continental vs Pirelli Pzero - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: 20" Tyre dilemma - OEM Michelin vs OEM Continental vs Pirelli Pzero (/Thread-20-Tyre-dilemma-OEM-Michelin-vs-OEM-Continental-vs-Pirelli-Pzero)

Pages: 1 2

RE: 20" Tyre dilemma - OEM Michelin vs OEM Continental vs Pirelli Pzero - benzina - 21-07-2012 04:48am

I have the Continental's, and i think their very good in all area's....including durabilty. I've done 8000kms,and they hardy look to have worn at all so far, but you have to be conscious of checking your tyre pressures every month as i am.
In addition to the other points, i've seen both the Michelin and Continental side by side, and the Continental looks considerably fatter, due to it's squarer mold against the Michelin's tapered in shoulders,and for this reason, i also prefer the Conti's.

RE: 20" Tyre dilemma - OEM Michelin vs OEM Continental vs Pirelli Pzero - Chunk - 21-07-2012 07:34am

Benzina you have posted 2 pics but both are michelins!!! ;0)

RE: 20" Tyre dilemma - OEM Michelin vs OEM Continental vs Pirelli Pzero - Kentboy - 21-07-2012 08:55am

Admittedly a different vehicle but I had Conti's on my RRS and they wore on the outer edge (apparently its meant to) badlybaftervjust 5000 miles to the extent I
They looked like they needed changing. There was a lot of debate on the RRSport website and a great many of us went to Hankook for the second set and were very pleased with the price and more importantly the tire. They lasted twise as long as the Conti's and were half the price.

RE: 20" Tyre dilemma - OEM Michelin vs OEM Continental vs Pirelli Pzero - benzina - 21-07-2012 10:03am

(21-07-2012 07:34am)Chunk Wrote:  Benzina you have posted 2 pics but both are michelins!!! ;0)

My bad...sorry,(i'll take them off for now) as i just looked through some of my old pics and thought it was a conti, but now i remember the reason i took pics of them in the showroom,was to compare the rims . I did still remember seeing the tyres side by side, and the conti's were definately fatter looking.

I'll take a pic of mine when i get the chance.

RE: 20" Tyre dilemma - OEM Michelin vs OEM Continental vs Pirelli Pzero - Chunk - 21-07-2012 11:12am

Yeah the contis do have a fatter appearance to the sidewall. Michelins always seem to have the smoother edge to them.

RE: 20" Tyre dilemma - OEM Michelin vs OEM Continental vs Pirelli Pzero - Evo-king - 21-07-2012 02:55pm

Are we saying that Hankooks are available.

RE: 20" Tyre dilemma - OEM Michelin vs OEM Continental vs Pirelli Pzero - Lone Rangerover - 22-07-2012 09:18am

(21-07-2012 11:12am)Chunk Wrote:  Yeah the contis do have a fatter appearance to the sidewall. Michelins always seem to have the smoother edge to them.

I think you all are right - the contis do have a more "4x4 like" appearance and the michelins more a sports car look

Which looks better on the evoque ?

20" Tyre dilemma - OEM Michelin vs OEM Continental vs Pirelli Pzero - Kimv - 22-07-2012 01:44pm

(22-07-2012 09:18am)Lone Rangerover Wrote:  Which looks better on the evoque ?

1 for Contis