babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Electric Memory Seats - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Electric Memory Seats (/Thread-Electric-Memory-Seats)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Electric Memory Seats - Trax - 16-01-2012 01:40am

I was under the impression the seat went to the last position memorised when that key was in the car? (memorised that is,and not button pressed). Not tested it yet have we have only used one set.

RE: Electric Memory Seats - malph - 16-01-2012 11:08am

Personally, I'm more likely to pick up the wrong set of keys than press the wrong memory button (don't even mention Mrs MalphRolling Eyes ). So I'm with YTS on this oneWink

RE: Electric Memory Seats - RacingSnake - 16-01-2012 11:13am

Agree with the above actually... what would happen is that the missus would grab my keys... then go and adjust 'my' settings!! Mad

RE: Electric Memory Seats - Token - 16-01-2012 02:33pm

I'm with YTS on this as well...we don't have individual keys...so much better to have a number to press...

My good lady has 1 number, and I have 2 numbers...reason being that for really cold days I have a really think jacket that I wear, which means I like my seat to be ever so slightly more reclined to compensate for the thinkness of the jacket...a key couldn't do that!

RE: Electric Memory Seats - ytshome - 16-01-2012 11:08pm

After that sudden rush of support I feel re-born again and ready to Interject and pontificate wherever necessary.

RE: Electric Memory Seats - malph - 16-01-2012 11:21pm

(16-01-2012 11:08pm)ytshome Wrote:  After that sudden rush of support I feel re-born again and ready to Interject and pontificate wherever necessary.

LaughingThumbs Up

RE: Electric Memory Seats - Acwats - 16-01-2012 11:31pm

(16-01-2012 12:20am)ytshome Wrote:  Apparently I stand corrected. Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong, as my wife often tells me. Just made me chuckle a bit though that most of those who don't want to push a numbered button can use the gear stick several hundred times per journey.

I do take the point regarding a more fully featured memory option though.

Its not a question of effort to press a button, I cannot get into the seat after my wife has been driving. I have to press the button on opening the door and then jump on board while it's moving, this then stops while the engine starts, the simple system I had on an S type Jag had this sorted for me when I pressed unlock, easy coding for a plc, bad error for LR

RE: Electric Memory Seats - ytshome - 16-01-2012 11:40pm

(16-01-2012 11:31pm)Acwats Wrote:  Its not a question of effort to press a button, I cannot get into the seat after my wife has been driving. I have to press the button on opening the door and then jump on board while it's moving, this then stops while the engine starts, the simple system I had on an S type Jag had this sorted for me when I pressed unlock, easy coding for a plc, bad error for LR

Hi again acwats, do you have the easy entry enabled on yours, as mine moves down and back when alighting?