Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Electric Memory Seats
THEMACS

Electric Memory Seats

Can anyone tell me if the car remembers the seating position from the last key used to open/lock the car as with the BMW system.

My wife and I have different keys for our BMW and our keys remember the seating position when we last used it, no matter how long ago! Saves using the memory button numbers, very very neat and handyVery Happy

So my question is does the Evoque do the same or do you have to use the memory buttons?

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
15-01-2012 07:57pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

RE: Electric Memory Seats

THere are definately buttons (by the grab handle on the door), but am interested to hear about the key too?

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
15-01-2012 08:01pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mr P

(15-01-2012 07:57pm)THEMACS Wrote:  Can anyone tell me if the car remembers the seating position from the last key used to open/lock the car as with the BMW system.

My wife and I have different keys for our BMW and our keys remember the seating position when we last used it, no matter how long ago! Saves using the memory button numbers, very very neat and handyVery Happy

So my question is does the Evoque do the same or do you have to use the memory buttons?

Unfortunately no, the keys don't automatically adjust the memory seating/mirrors, but on the other hand its no graet shakes to use memory buttons, they are actually a lot more user friendly than on the Freelander which were positioned on the base of the drivers seat. Very Happy

Prestige SD4 Auto, 5 Door, Firenze, Dark Cherry/Ivory, Contrast Panoramic Roof, 20" Wheels, Auto Tailgate.
(The options i regret not having :- Auto Dimming Mirror, Blind Spot Monitoring)
15-01-2012 08:06pm
THEMACS

(15-01-2012 08:06pm)Mr P Wrote:  Unfortunately no, the keys don't automatically adjust the memory seating/mirrors, but on the other hand its no graet shakes to use memory buttons, they are actually a lot more user friendly than on the Freelander which were positioned on the base of the drivers seat. Very Happy

Ok Thanks for the info. Guess we will have to use the memory buttonsSad One for LR to add in the future as it is a very useful feature

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
15-01-2012 09:35pm
ChuckieB

That's disappointing! Somehow I'd been led to believe it was different. A key for me and one for the wife with the ability to remember the last locked setting?[/align]

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
15-01-2012 10:25pm
ytshome

(15-01-2012 10:25pm)ChuckieB Wrote:  That's disappointing! Somehow I'd been led to believe it was different. A key for me and one for the wife with the ability to remember the last locked setting?[/align]

Come on guys. How hard is it to press a button, 1,2 or 3. I could just imagine if it did adjust on the key that people may complain about being stuck under the wheel with their legs around their armpits because they took the second key. I don't want to offend anyone but its a lot better than manual adjustments.

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
15-01-2012 10:43pm
QueJumper

Electric Memory Seats

You're wrong YTS once you've had proper memory seats on Audi BMW etc that set seats, mirrors, radio etc to your choice it's hard to see why LR couldn't have put that in too. It must just be software so shouldn't really have cost that much to do.

I guess it depends how much you swap cars around but as we do all the time we really miss that feature.

Now Sold - Small, clean, fun car mainly for me - Sd4 Dynamic Lux - White/Black roof

Still going strong - Big, dirty, fun car mainly for the wife, kids and dog - Disco 4 - Blue (with lots of mud outside, sweets & litter inside)
15-01-2012 10:55pm
LDT

(15-01-2012 10:55pm)QueJumper Wrote:  You're wrong YTS once you've had proper memory seats on Audi BMW etc that set seats, mirrors, radio etc to your choice it's hard to see why LR couldn't have put that in too. It must just be software so shouldn't really have cost that much to do.

I guess it depends how much you swap cars around but as we do all the time we really miss that feature.

+1. I am really surprised that the RRE does not offer this feature.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
15-01-2012 10:58pm
ChuckieB

(15-01-2012 10:43pm)ytshome Wrote:  Come on guys. How hard is it to press a button, 1,2 or 3. I could just imagine if it did adjust on the key that people may complain about being stuck under the wheel with their legs around their armpits because they took the second key. I don't want to offend anyone but its a lot better than manual adjustments.

So hard for me that I've gone keyless! Not sure how I'm ever going to cope with the start stop button.Laughing

Seriously though, I had honestly expected the memory seats also to be linked to the key. Would make absolute sense to me. Memory seats was one of the reasons I went straight for the prestige. Crippled myself on too many occasions when you have to be sat in the seat to reach under to shift the seat backwards!

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
15-01-2012 11:04pm
ytshome

Apparently I stand corrected. Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong, as my wife often tells me. Just made me chuckle a bit though that most of those who don't want to push a numbered button can use the gear stick several hundred times per journey.

I do take the point regarding a more fully featured memory option though.

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
16-01-2012 12:20am