Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
which models have a single tailpipe??? TD4 SD4????
MartinP

RE: which models have a single tailpipe??? TD4 SD4????

(18-05-2012 06:26am)Mudi1 Wrote:  Ha, and today's your day Martin, yippee so pleased for you. Hope it goes perfectly.

It's been delayed until tomorrow Mudi, having a bit of a row with the dealer over finance costs!

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
18-05-2012 09:23am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
crimson_flames

(17-05-2012 11:06pm)Mudi1 Wrote:  I was told I had a TD4 single exhaust fitted by mistake instead of the SD4 twin!

Halewoods have launched an inquiry as to why and if others are affected and why quality control at both factory and dealership failed to spot the glaringly obvious missing part.

I was told it was probably plain old human error, with the rate they are building them it is hardly surprising. No problem really, I had the replacement done today.

Miffed though that the dealer used a quart tank of fuel to collect and return and didn't replace for what was no fault of mine.

Nice thing about it is that I notified them one day and it was recified the next. Excellent.

Hi Mudi,

How do you know that your evoque is actually an SD4 and not a TD4 since they just welded the 2nd exhaust tip at the dealer?

Since reading through the forums ppl have described the SD4 and TD4 to be very similar and not much different in power. How do we know that our cars are SD4 and not TD4 with twin exhausts?
20-05-2012 11:55pm
Mudi1

I ordered Sd4. The car has been checked over since to assure me that the whole spec was as it should be for an Sd4. The bumper included (with the moulding for twin exhaust). It was only that a Td4 single exhaust pipe was put on the assembly line by mistake and fitted to mine. I have since had a reply from Halewoods that I was the only one affected. phew!

When I look underneath the vehicle I am not sure whether the whole of the exhaust was exchanged or just the last section that ditrubutes either single or twin. Either way it sounds much better (not like a blackcab anymore).

My guess is that many of the components that make up each car are the same whatever the td/sd, petrol engines having slightly less.

I take assurance though that having ordered an Sd4, it is down to LR if it isn't and this would come out eventually one way or another if not during each service, and they would have to rectify it.
21-05-2012 12:18am
THEMACS

I too would be sceptical you could well have a Td4 with a twin exhaust nowExclamation

Only way to find out is get the bugger flat to the floor on the motorway, if it hits 130 mph, it's an Sd4, I know for sure ours is an Sd4!Laughing

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
21-05-2012 09:40pm
Cedric

In Belgium you can have a TD4 Dynamic so it seems. Took this picture at my dealer ...

[Image: 20120515_115107.jpg]
21-05-2012 10:21pm
Mudi1

(21-05-2012 12:18am)Mudi1 Wrote:  I ordered Sd4. The car has been checked over since to assure me that the whole spec was as it should be for an Sd4. The bumper included (with the moulding for twin exhaust). It was only that a Td4 single exhaust pipe was put on the assembly line by mistake and fitted to mine. I have since had a reply from Halewoods that I was the only one affected. phew!

When I look underneath the vehicle I am not sure whether the whole of the exhaust was exchanged or just the last section that ditrubutes either single or twin. Either way it sounds much better (not like a blackcab anymore).

My guess is that many of the components that make up each car are the same whatever the td/sd, petrol engines having slightly less.

I take assurance though that having ordered an Sd4, it is down to LR if it isn't and this would come out eventually one way or another if not during each service, and they would have to rectify it.
By way of conclusion:-

Thank you Land Rover for the totally unexpected and un-asked for 'compensation':-

The huge luxurious picnic hamper, complete with my fav champagne, smoked salmon, wines, chutneys, chocolates and top class picnic ware.
The double fuel replacement, [/b]silver valet and huge bunch of flowers,
All Hand delivered by Harwoods.

A wonderful surprise. Very impressed with the level of service i received from all involved. Sapna, Jerry & Patrick.

Hope we have a long and happy future together.
25-05-2012 03:32am
MartinP

That's brilliant Mudi, really reassuring and it shows that they can do things properly when they want to. And if you need any help drinking the champagne let me know!

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
25-05-2012 07:28am