Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
whats missing on US spec Evoques?
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: whats missing on US spec Evoques?

(25-04-2012 02:59am)JackMac Wrote:  Oddly, we can adjust the headlight dip from LHD to RHD, which is useless for this continent. And we do get panoramic roof as standard. Tongue Out

There are several members on here driving US spec Evoques in the UK - I assume they work for the US Forces or Diplomatic Corps here so RH dipping headlights are useful to them.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 25-04-2012 09:34am by XFullFatTim.)
25-04-2012 09:34am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bruno787

hopefully mid June, i will drive a US spec evoque here in the Philippines Smile its going to replace my US spec Mercedes ML
25-04-2012 02:26pm
JackMac

(25-04-2012 09:34am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  There are several members on here driving US spec Evoques in the UK - I assume they work for the US Forces or Diplomatic Corps here so RH dipping headlights are useful to them.
Yes, I thought exactly the same when posting that item. Thanks for the clarification.

2012 Range Rover Evoque 5-door Si4
26-04-2012 03:08am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

It is odd that US spec cars have switchable LH/RH dipping - it must be something to do with the dip pattern for the USA as, as far as I am aware, there are no change over switches for UK & European market cars as the dip pattern is the same on them all so we can drive onto the ferry / Channel Tunnel train and drive straight out in France without having to stick blanking plastic on the lens or swing switches on the backs of the lighting units. It also means that UK spec cars sold into mainland Europe that then have to return to the UK for MOT testing won't have to have two sets of lights to pass the test.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 26-04-2012 08:39am by XFullFatTim.)
26-04-2012 08:37am
slee18

Could it be possible that the dipping might be related to the lights during a turn? I don't notice it because I avoid driving at night because of my night blindness, but driving a LHD set to LHD dip and turning left the degree of angle is smaller than turning right? Common sense would dictate that a LHD set to RH dip that when turning left the degree of angle would be greater than turning right.

It is way to early to be looking at forums

12 Evoque Si4 (US) Galway Green Prestige ivory expresso interior
26-04-2012 03:00pm
Bruno787

are the amber side lenses on US spec headlamps illuminated? or just reflectors? are there other light / light function differences front/rear?
09-05-2012 12:16am