Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
underfloor space, remove styrofoam for more Luggage Space
plast

Hi all Wink

I ordered my si4 @ end of November in Germany. Hope he will arrive around May or June 2012.
For me is the luggage space definitely to small. But nevertheless I must have the Evoque. Looks amazing and my E will be in FujiW.

Do anybody know, if the Styrofoam (hope this is the right word in English) in the underfloor space (luggage) can be removed? (see attached file or picture)
My is without spare Tyre and the Styrofoam is wasting space under the cover.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

[Image: 111aaaa.jpg]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 30-12-2011 02:33pm by plast.)
30-12-2011 02:32pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

RE: underfloor space, remove styrofoam for more Luggage Space

Just looked - answer is that it is not simply a case of pulling it out. Could possibly come out with the removal of a few panels but not sure what it holds together under those panels.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
30-12-2011 02:42pm
KPNuts

And if you go for the spare wheel option, the polystyrene holds the boot floor up. There is no lip for the floor to rest on.

However, when it stops raining I might have a look to see what can be done to free up some space.

SD4 Coupe Prestige, Orkney Grey, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel, Dipping RVM
Ordered: 12/09/11 Collected 22/12/11
Supporting Macmillan Cancer Support in Mac 4x4 Challenge
30-12-2011 04:35pm
Claud

I went for the spare wheel option too and am concerned at the lack of storage space, where do you store a fire extinguisher, triangle, florescent vest, first aid kit etc? I have resorted to a small container in the boot just for now. i am keen to hear about any storage solutions people develop too!

[Image: 118733.png]
2013 Discovery HSE Luxury Corris Grey
Sold - 2011 Evoque SD4 Prestige, Auto, Magnaride, Orkney Grey, Lux Pack, TPMS, Heated Steering Wheel
2010 Freelander SD4
1997 Defender 90 XD Wolf (ex Ghurkas)
1991 Defender County 110 V8
1959 Series II
1953 Series I
1952 Minerva Ambulance
30-12-2011 09:37pm
IKM

(30-12-2011 09:37pm)Claud Wrote:  I went for the spare wheel option too and am concerned at the lack of storage space, where do you store a fire extinguisher, triangle, florescent vest, first aid kit etc? I have resorted to a small container in the boot just for now. i am keen to hear about any storage solutions people develop too!
I bought an AA branded triangle on Amazon for £2.99 with free p&p, that fits exactly (without packaging) in the rectangular slot beside the spare wheel. The vest I keep on top of the spare wheel (although may keep it in front door side compartment for emergencies). Small LED Torch in glove compartment. I don't carry a fire extinguisher, but may reconsider (I believe it's std on military Evoque sales, and fitted in front?).

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
(This post was last modified: 30-12-2011 09:49pm by IKM.)
30-12-2011 09:48pm
Claud

Great tips, I have not looked at the boot in daylight yet. I will follow your suggestions. I previously squeezed items around the spare wheel in the FFRR. There is universally less space now.........

[Image: 118733.png]
2013 Discovery HSE Luxury Corris Grey
Sold - 2011 Evoque SD4 Prestige, Auto, Magnaride, Orkney Grey, Lux Pack, TPMS, Heated Steering Wheel
2010 Freelander SD4
1997 Defender 90 XD Wolf (ex Ghurkas)
1991 Defender County 110 V8
1959 Series II
1953 Series I
1952 Minerva Ambulance
30-12-2011 10:50pm
plast

Hi
Thank yo for your answers. I'll wait till i get mine and check if I can take it out. It looks like there is a lot of space, at least it will be enougt for my wife's shoes!! Wink
30-12-2011 11:12pm
DaveR

First aid kit I managed to fit beside the relays and fuses behind the panel on the left hand side of the boot area. Bit of a squeeze but it went in OK.
30-12-2011 11:22pm
Ralf

Hi,

i´m also thinking about to get more space. Maybe it´s possible to cut out the material that´s not necessary inside, but keep the shape and absorption of noise.

Ralf

Evoque Si4 Prestige, Order August 2011, Delivery February 2012
31-12-2011 01:15pm
KPNuts

Made the slot to the right of the spare wheel much deeper using a Chisel Knife and gas cookerVery Happy Warning triangle now fits. Fire extinguishers has gone down the big space under the relays and I guess is resting on the wheel arch now (put it in a fabric sleeve). First aid kit velcroed to back of seats. Blanket and hi-vis vests under floor on spare wheel.

It would have been so much simpler if they had put a similar locker as for the relays on the right side of the bootRolling Eyes

SD4 Coupe Prestige, Orkney Grey, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel, Dipping RVM
Ordered: 12/09/11 Collected 22/12/11
Supporting Macmillan Cancer Support in Mac 4x4 Challenge
26-01-2012 03:08pm