Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
my baby RR is born!!!!!!
Michelle

RE: my baby RR is born!!!!!!

(12-12-2012 09:33am)speary Wrote:  Congratulations, I take it that you are quite pleased Laughing
Go and enjoy Very Happy

Yes I love it to bits. I can't get enough of looking at it and driving it.
The only things I'm not too keen on are:
1) the vibrations due to the diesel engine
2) the heating at the feet takes ages to warm up, the other vents work well
3) I have only 300 km on the clock and the fuel consumption is 11,7 per 100 km for the time being Shocked ( probably due to me not being use to auto. winter tires don't help either and I have done more short journeys than long ones in the 6 days I've had it)
4) the size of the boot ( but we all knew that before buying the car)
I went to look at Thule bars and kits this morning as I didn't order the expensive LR roof bars.
This works out much cheaper including a massive roof box, and can be taken off. I initially only wanted the bars and a ski rack but the box will hold our 4 pairs of skis + toot as I'm afraid the boot will only hold a small amount of holiday necessities.

Ordered 8th march: SD4 Prestige auto, Fuji, panoramic roof, Cirrus/lunar interior, rear view camera, blind spot monitoring, Nav,heated front seats
Delivery: 6th December!
12-12-2012 03:33pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mmuller

Congratulations Michelle, your new baby looks beautiful!!!
Besides, you have a very good taste for color, but I might be a little biased on that.

We have had ours en Suisse since february and are loving every minute with it.

We did not feel much the diesel engine vibrations as we also own a Discovery 3, so the Evoque was a kind of an upgrade, lol. I will take a look at the fuel consumption today, I did not take a look at it lately in this winter time and on those short day to day journeys. I will share t later on.

You said you were going for ski racks so I suppose u r going to take your new baby up to the Alps. Let us know how it went after you have taken it up those beautiful snowy mountains - with plenty of nice post card like pictures, please (from the car I mean, lol, as it will be prettier than the Alps). Jokes aside, I am not a skier but do plan to go occasionally in the winter up the Alps and was thinking about the handling up and downhill, different snow chains, snow socks, law requirements for them, etc ;o)

All the best and greetings from chilly Zürich

Marcelo Müller
Evoque SD4 Prestige 2012 Fuji White, Ivory/Espresso, 20'' Style 6, 18'' Winter, Panoramic Roof, Autom.,
Adaptive Dynamics, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Winter Pack, Tech Pack, Park Assist, Keyless
(This post was last modified: 13-12-2012 12:22pm by mmuller.)
13-12-2012 12:21pm
WB
WB

Michelle, one thing I would add on the SD4 engine is that it takes a good 3 or 4,000 miles before it is properly run in and loosened up so performance will improve with the miles... or kilometres I should say!
13-12-2012 01:02pm
J77

The fuel economy is a bit of a sore point, many of us on here are not getting anywhere near LRs figures. My one started well getting low 40s now lucky to get mid 30s.

Nice car none the less, enjoy.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
13-12-2012 01:12pm
PhilSkill

(13-12-2012 01:12pm)J77 Wrote:  The fuel economy is a bit of a sore point, many of us on here are not getting anywhere near LRs figures. My one started well getting low 40s now lucky to get mid 30s.

Nice car none the less, enjoy.

+1, it was getting toward 40mpg average, now I struggle to get 35. Even before this cold snap hit.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
13-12-2012 04:54pm
mmuller

Ok, small update:

Since getting the car on early March 2nd, our average has been 10,4 l/100 km or 9,7 km/l or 27 mpg (UK) mainly in the city but including two small trips. Total milage so far is around 3.700 km (thats 2.300 miles).

Best mark was 8,9 l/100 km and the worst is the one I just saw downstairs: 12,4 l/100 km. If my calculations are correct this is about 22 mpg. Confused

Marcelo Müller
Evoque SD4 Prestige 2012 Fuji White, Ivory/Espresso, 20'' Style 6, 18'' Winter, Panoramic Roof, Autom.,
Adaptive Dynamics, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Winter Pack, Tech Pack, Park Assist, Keyless
13-12-2012 07:58pm