Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
melting LR Rubber Floormats :(
Bruno787

melting LR Rubber Floormats :(

just noticed a few days back....the heel portion of my driver side LR Rubber Mat seems to be melting Sad anybody experienced this? while the passenger's mat has a slight tear on the metal strip portion. Very poor quality IMO.

15 Maserati Quattroporte GTS
11 Mini John Cooper Works
12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic
22-01-2014 01:29pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
funguf

RE: melting LR Rubber Floormats :(

(22-01-2014 01:29pm)Bruno787 Wrote:  just noticed a few days back....the heel portion of my driver side LR Rubber Mat seems to be melting Sad anybody experienced this? while the passenger's mat has a slight tear on the metal strip portion. Very poor quality IMO.

Blimey, how hot is it there?

SD4 Pure Tech Manual, 5 Door, Fuji White with Black Contrast Roof, Black Grille/Vents/Mirror Caps, Pure Style Pack, Privacy Glass, Mud Flaps.
22-01-2014 02:26pm
scalle

could it be that you stepped in petrol or another substance and then got in the car,
and the rubber started dissolving?

I've had this with my security boots, the sole melted after stepping into a chemical

RRE TD4 Prestige 4WD AUT, santorini black, element interior, tech pack, cold climate pack, pano roof, privacy glass, brushed alu, auto high beam assist, airco vents rear, auto dim mirror, camera, home link, 20" style 7, 18" spare, debugged, roof rails,replaced side vents, grille in glossy black and center cap wheels with RR, black lettering
Also stunning Fiat 500 Cabrio GUCCI edition, black/gold metallic, and red Fiat Panda 1992 selecta (var. transmission).
22-01-2014 05:07pm
Andy915

I got a set of heavy duty rubber mats from this UK company.
They fit the Evoque perfectly and the drivers mat extends further forward than some of the LR mats.

https://www.carmats4u.com/Search-results...oduct.html

2014MY Dynamic Si4 Coupe / Lux / Indus silver / Vortex int. / Spare wheel /
23-01-2014 09:20am
Bruno787

(22-01-2014 05:07pm)scalle Wrote:  could it be that you stepped in petrol or another substance and then got in the car,
and the rubber started dissolving?

I've had this with my security boots, the sole melted after stepping into a chemical

oh??? I didnt know that petroleum products can melt rubber! Hmmm...... i work in an area where oil, fuel and automotive fluids arent foreign Smile

15 Maserati Quattroporte GTS
11 Mini John Cooper Works
12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic
23-01-2014 02:26pm