Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
iPod & iPhone4&5 issues via USB
Pickles

iPod & iPhone4&5 issues via USB

Hi,
I have looked through the forum and I couldn't find the answer so I'll try this way.

I have a 2013 dynamic and when I play music through my iPod or iPhone every so often it comes up with "connect iPod" and the music stops it then try's to reconnect the iPod. Sometimes it starts working again sometime it doesn't.
I've tried an iPod a iPhone 4 and even my newest iPhone 5 and I've also tried different cables with them.
I get the same results each time.

I took it back to the dealer in Brisbane QLD and to be fair they did take a look and found the fault code was coming up telling them it was due to an over current on the iPod port. At the time I hadn't tried my iPhone 5 so accepted it could be the iPod or old iPhone.
I get this issue on three different devices and more than 3 different cables on both the USB and iPod ports. I would be very surprised if it was all of my devices/cables.

Anyone else had similar?
04-07-2015 07:31am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kojak

RE: iPod & iPhone4&5 issues via USB

Mine have all worked fine to be honest.
I wondered if you had used the same lead until I read your post a 2nd time.
I have used (over 2 cars) an old video ipod about 10 years old and iphone 4s and iphone 6

OUT - Pure SD4, Orkney Grey, 5 dr, Manual, Fogs, Xenons, Auto dim mirror, Auto lights / wipers, Power fold mirrors, spare wheel.
IN - Dynamic SD4, Indus Silver, 5 dr, Auto, Heated Steering Wheel, Auto Dim mirror, Spare wheel.
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2015 08:46am by Kojak.)
04-07-2015 08:44am
Pickles

(04-07-2015 08:44am)Kojak Wrote:  Mine have all worked fine to be honest.
I wondered if you had used the same lead until I read your post a 2nd time.
I have used (over 2 cars) an old video ipod about 10 years old and iphone 4s and iphone 6

Yeah it used to work fine in my previous Golf R
I'm thinking an issue with the software or power supply for the USB and iPod ports.
Still under warranty so back to Land Rover it will be.
04-07-2015 08:59am
RichardW66

A couple of things to consider -
What version of IOS is on your phones? IIRC IOS 7.x and onwards (including IOS 8.x) introduced patches that made using a third party cable no longer possible (i.e. third party cables don't work).

So unless you are using an Apple cable or an Apple MFI Certified cable, that may contribute to the fact that communication is lost between the car and the USB port/Apple device

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Fuji White ~ Ebony Leather ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Xenons with LED Signature ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Electric Heated Powerfold Mirrors ~ Auto-Dimming Mirror ~ Privacy Glass ~ Front Fog Lights ~ 20" Style 6 Wheels M+S Tyres ~ Twin Exhaust Pipes (like the SD4)
Ordered: 07/03/12 ~ Behind the wheel: 22/11/12
06-07-2015 03:39pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pickles

I'm running the latest iOS and only the apple cables that came with each device.

It goes back to Land Rover Brisbane the end of the month.
(This post was last modified: 17-08-2015 12:11am by Pickles.)
06-07-2015 09:03pm
Ghotson

I had the same problem (intermittent) - would just come up with the message 'Connecting iPod' and hang. iPhone 5 and iPhone 6.

The dealer explained that they updated the firmware and reset the computer. Wasn't a cable issue - like yourself, had tried plenty including Apple cables.

When it occurred - I often found that turning the car off and then on fixed it short term, but not permanently. (Bluetooth connection always seemed to work fine)

That was about 3 months ago and after being attended to by the dealer, the problem seems to have been fixed. Hope this helps.

MY13 SD4 Dynamic | 5dr | Auto | Firenze Red | Black contrast pano roof | 20” Style 5 wheels | Plus Pack (Velocity) | Adaptive Dynamics | Tech Pack | Convenience Pack | Sat nav | 825w Meridian | Gloss strata trim | Privacy glass | A/V pack with dual view
06-07-2015 11:23pm
Pickles

Thanks Ghotson, I'll let the dealer know.
Which dealer did you take it to so if they need info i could even get them to call.
07-07-2015 12:07am
Ghotson

Melbourne City Land Rover (MLR) - Port Melbourne

MY13 SD4 Dynamic | 5dr | Auto | Firenze Red | Black contrast pano roof | 20” Style 5 wheels | Plus Pack (Velocity) | Adaptive Dynamics | Tech Pack | Convenience Pack | Sat nav | 825w Meridian | Gloss strata trim | Privacy glass | A/V pack with dual view
07-07-2015 12:17am
DenysGT

I think it will cut out the music if the bluetooth resync while listening to music via cable. Try disabling the bluetooth while connected via cable. I have tried iPhone 4,4S,5 and now 6...they all do the same thing

Denys

Evoque 5dr Dynamic Si4, Buckingham Blue‎/Grey w/Panoramic Roof, 20", Ebony interior, Winter pack, Hitch

Infinity G37x
Mini Cooper S 1979
Riley Elf 1963
23-07-2015 04:16am
Pickles

(23-07-2015 04:16am)DenysGT Wrote:  I think it will cut out the music if the bluetooth resync while listening to music via cable. Try disabling the bluetooth while connected via cable. I have tried iPhone 4,4S,5 and now 6...they all do the same thing

Yeah I tried that and it's still the same. It fails on my iPod which has no Bluetooth.

I think it will be software or firmware revision issue.
23-07-2015 08:41am