Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
iPhone/iPad/iPod OS 5 upgrade
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

iPhone/iPad/iPod OS 5 upgrade

Has anybody downloaded it?
It takes ages and I applied the upgrades to a Mac, Macbook Air, iPhone4 and iPad1.................. but only one of the downloads suffered a glitch. Biggest problem afterward was linking all the devices up to my iCloud account as Apple's servers appeared to be overloaded but all is working fine now. Some great changes and the link to iCloud through all the hardware is much better than when I was using the previous set-up

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
14-10-2011 12:59pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
griff

RE: iPhone/iPad/iPod OS 5 upgrade

Ive downloaded it to my iphone but I don't like. the icloud application also lost all my outlook contacts.
It does not seem to like windows/Microsoft

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
14-10-2011 01:17pm
XFullFatTim

If you go onto the upgrade website from a PC there are special instructions for Microsoft software to ensure everything is copied across. I run Office 2008 on my Mac and Macbook Air and have had no issues (yet!).

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
14-10-2011 01:25pm
berlin2011

Likewise, MacBook Air, Mac Pro, iPad 2 and iPhone 4 all upgraded with no hitches whatsoever including iCloud setup/migration. Loving Photostream.

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
14-10-2011 01:48pm
SW6RR

iMac, iPad 1, iPad 2, iPhone 3G and iPhone 4S all upgraded (well, apart from the 4S which already runs iOS 5).

Took a while but all running nicely now.

To those who use outlook contacts - do you have webmail (hotmail, yahoo, gmail)? Better to put your contacts in there and have all your devices sync to that (contacts will be protected and available on any device). iCloud will do the same if you have a Mobileme account...

Arrived (5/11/11): SD4 5-door "Presnamic" Lux Very Happy Auto, Fuji, Spirit/Tan, Style 8 20" Wheels, fully loaded (bar RSE, smoker's pack and Homelink)
14-10-2011 01:51pm
gomark

Should I be able to see photostream in the icloud? All turned on on my iphone 4. Havent got around to updating the ipad yet...

14-10-2011 03:17pm
XFullFatTim

If you checked the option on all your devises yes - I didn't check it as I don't want lots of photos synching from my iPhone and iPad and using loads of data allowance on 3g abroad. Roaming rates are breathtakingly high abroad on 3g unless you can find local data sims and scratch card top-ups. I use Etisalat which has cover in all the Islamic countries and only needs a local prepaid card rather than a new sim or dongle for each country when I'm in the Middle East, so I have cover from Morrocco to Malaysia except in Saudi and India on one SIM with a local prepaid scratch card top up

(This post was last modified: 14-10-2011 04:48pm by XFullFatTim.)
14-10-2011 04:45pm
Malferg

(14-10-2011 01:51pm)SW6RR Wrote:  iMac, iPad 1, iPad 2, iPhone 3G and iPhone 4S all upgraded (well, apart from the 4S which already runs iOS 5).

Took a while but all running nicely now.

To those who use outlook contacts - do you have webmail (hotmail, yahoo, gmail)? Better to put your contacts in there and have all your devices sync to that (contacts will be protected and available on any device). iCloud will do the same if you have a Mobileme account...

iMac, iPad 1, iPad 2, iPhone3G, and iPhone4S. Iv'e only got an iRon but my wife manages very well
14-10-2011 04:52pm
SW6RR

Tim - I don't think iCloud syncs photostream over 3G, only Wifi (probably for the reason you highlighted, among others I'm sure).

Arrived (5/11/11): SD4 5-door "Presnamic" Lux Very Happy Auto, Fuji, Spirit/Tan, Style 8 20" Wheels, fully loaded (bar RSE, smoker's pack and Homelink)
14-10-2011 04:54pm
berlin2011

Yip, Photostream's wifi only - no need to worry about data allowances. Turn it on and enjoy the goodness.

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
15-10-2011 07:45am