Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
evoque problem fixes
harrydor

evoque problem fixes

Hi just a bit of info for evoque owners. I took delivery of a dynamice in june this year after rejecting the 2012 model for paint and panel issues. from this site i learned that a recall was to be done on the possible leak of diesel from the spill rail, i took this into my dealer and they knew about it and even though i had no letter informing me of a recall they booked it in and did the inspection no leak found. I mentioned that the bonnet indicator often after closing the bonnet showed it was open and they ordered a new switch they informed me that if the light is indicating an open bonnet the wipers will not work for fear of damage, i allso mentioned a rattle at my righ side they said L R have anounced a fix and it is to replace the brackets that hold the anti roll bar this work has been done and all is well. untill my voice activasion went off and the sat nav showes i am in Brussels this was fixed by the dealer replaceing the audio modual a big job but expertly done by the dealer. I still have a small rattle to my right side interior but dealer has booked it in to sort. 20 out of 10 to Stratstone at stoneygate in Sunderland Paul the sevice advisor and his team are the best i have come across for a long time. By the way the new modual fitted has improved the voice and the sat nav working far better than the origional.
Hope this is usefull.
(This post was last modified: 24-10-2013 04:10pm by harrydor.)
24-10-2013 04:02pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: evoque problem fixes

Hi harrydor, good you're getting things sorted so well by Stratstone Stoneygate, if a shame you have them in the first place.

I've not heard of an Anti-Roll bar Fix for a rattle before on here, you say right hand side, I assume this was a rattle in the engine bay you could hear? what did it sound like?

Anti roll bar's are notorious for making strange knocking noises, but usually when they've aged.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
24-10-2013 04:33pm
harrydor

(24-10-2013 04:33pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Hi harrydor, good you're getting things sorted so well by Stratstone Stoneygate, if a shame you have them in the first place.

I've not heard of an Anti-Roll bar Fix for a rattle before on here, you say right hand side, I assume this was a rattle in the engine bay you could hear? what did it sound like?

Anti roll bar's are notorious for making strange knocking noises, but usually when they've aged.

HI the rattle i mentioned to the dealer was and still is internal this is still to be sorted but the dealer said there is a fix that might do the job and that was to replace the brackets holding the anti roll bar work done but i still have a interior rattle that is to be sorted. so some owners must be complaining of a harder noise and one of the fixes from L R to dealer is to replace the brackets.
24-10-2013 05:12pm
BFGEvoqueMan

(24-10-2013 04:33pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Hi harrydor, good you're getting things sorted so well by Stratstone Stoneygate, if a shame you have them in the first place.

Wonder if this is the clonking noise I have started to get on mine?

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
24-10-2013 05:16pm
PhilSkill

(24-10-2013 05:16pm)BFGEvoqueMan Wrote:  Wonder if this is the clonking noise I have started to get on mine?

If it's related to road surface/car movement it's certainly possible, I had annoying knocking in a Celica, could never trace it, until some mechanics I knew removed the roll bar ties and tied up the roll bar for a test, noise gone, so they replaced the tie joints and bliss...

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
24-10-2013 07:29pm
The Valeter

(24-10-2013 04:33pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  I've not heard of an Anti-Roll bar Fix for a rattle before on here, you say right hand side, I assume this was a rattle in the engine bay you could hear? what did it sound like?

Mine was fixed today for creaking etc. Creaked over speed humps etc.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
(This post was last modified: 25-10-2013 12:03am by The Valeter.)
25-10-2013 12:02am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

Interesting Valeter, was it the same fix for the Roll bar do you know?

25-10-2013 08:43am
Trapdoor

Had the damned Bonnet Switch issue yesterday after filling up the empty washer bottle. I must have opened and shut the bonnet 8 or 10 times before it would register it had shut.

I posted info on another thread about where the switch is located (off TOPIx) but without taking the grille off it's not easy to get to - I can't justify a 100 mile round trip to the dealer to get this looked at just yet, but I may have a bash at sorting it out myself if it keeps doing it - I may even bypass the damned thing if at all possible. The one on the X3 was a hall-effect switch that never caused a problem in all the time I had it. Obviously typical JLR (Tata) quality again.

Had: 2013 Prestige Auto Lux
Have: MY17 Autobiography in Waitomo Grey with Ivory/Espresso interior, HUD, Adaptive Cruise, Adaptive Dynamics, Dynamic Driveline, Wading, Massage Seats. Delivered 17/09/16
25-10-2013 12:46pm
The Valeter

(25-10-2013 08:43am)PhilSkill Wrote:  Interesting Valeter, was it the same fix for the Roll bar do you know?

Anti Roll Bar bushes I was told. Either way it doesn't creak any more going over humps though I'm sure they have been done allready.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
(This post was last modified: 26-10-2013 01:22am by The Valeter.)
26-10-2013 01:21am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DaveR

Re: evoque problem fixes

Harrydor,
The rattle you heard on your right side.. was it a dull ,almost clunking type noise. I have that sort of noise,Feint but noticable mainly when i hit any rough patch of road which causes sharp changes to the front suspension. Its a similar sound you'd expect if a bush was failing. Dealer has had it twice now but says they cant find anything so im really interested in where you dealer got the info about anti roll bar brackets as the anti roll bar sounds a plausible culprit.

Its done this since new so its not down to wear.

This is my second Evoque and i never noticed this noise on my first.

Cheers
Dave
(This post was last modified: 29-10-2013 06:23pm by DaveR.)
29-10-2013 06:22pm