Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
center console question
bangsters

center console question

Hey guys!! a few questions. For those with the glossy black center console (I believe non pure interior), I believe the center console cup holder cover is gloss black, but is the surrounding plastic trim also in gloss black? If so, what about the buttons for the AC and disc player buttons, are they also gloss black? Can you guys post pics of your interiors?

Also, what do you call the aluminum trims on both sides of the center console? I need to replace mine as mine got scratched from my jacket's zipper. Damn these aluminum trims are too soft IMO. Is it easy to remove and is aluminum the only option for this part? Thinking of just having it repainted to gloss black, but the rest of the aluminum won't be matching (particularly the aluminum surround of the center air vent knobs).

Thanks!!

2014 Ipanema Sand Pure Plus. Mods to follow....
Images hosted on PixelsBin
08-11-2014 08:50pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
m_101

RE: center console question

Hi Bangsters
In the UK at least, the only bit that is gloss black is the sliding cover over the cupholders. The rest of it is the same matt grey as the buttons are, same, I believe, as the pure.
The centre console aluminium trims are dead easy to remove as per this thread:
http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Advice-re...erior-trim
Aluminium isn't the only option for the part there are aftermarket suppliers such as powerful_uk who do gloss black. Also on the thread above are inexpensive plastic covers which might be worth considering. Either that or some invisibleshield type material might work too?

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
09-11-2014 01:25pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Bangsters, mine has gloss on the gear knob and surround as well as the sliding cover, all the rest is matt finish, this is my 2nd Evoque and the 2nd one to have the speckled finish on the aluminium - I haven't dented or scratched the aluminium on this car, but somehow I have managed to scuff the leather side padding on sliding cubby box cover. I have heard those trim pieces on the centre console called Hockey Sticks, I think Grand Piano Black would look good although I prefer dark polished wood to cheap looking black shiny plastic.
[Image: DSCF1218_zpsa3caa6d3.jpg]

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2014 05:02pm by XFullFatTim.)
09-11-2014 04:57pm
bangsters

Many thanks m_101 and XFull. I would assume yours is a dynamic right? Glad to hear that the surround is matt except for the knob and it's surround.

I am trying to look for a new set of the aluminum bars on both sides of the console, but I can't find them on ebay and I don't know what they are exactly called lol.... I'm afraid if I have mine painted gloss black that the paint would just chip off if the seatbelt buckle hits it or the zipper of my jacket like it did the last time.

Anyone have an idea what those aluminum sides are called? And anyone with pics of them in a different finish?

Thanks again. Really bothered with the nick and scratch on mine.

10-11-2014 03:26am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim

Yes, both mine and M_101's are Dynamics

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
10-11-2014 09:50am
mark_n

My Dynamic (late 2011 car) has those side rails embossed with a pattern which is remarkably good at shrugging off knocks from the seat belt buckles. I agree that plain polished aluminium trims are too soft. You might try replacing yours with those - get them from an LR dealer or from a site sponsor here who will send internationally.

I don't think painting is going to prove any more durable.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2014 03:26am by mark_n.)
12-11-2014 03:26am
XFullFatTim

I think the default finish on a Dynamic is the stipple effect on the dash and console side strips as both of my cars have come with it, my only stipulation when I ordered was "whatever it comes with so long as it isn't shiny black plastic with the stata finish". Strata is a no-cost option IIRC.

12-11-2014 10:17am
PhilSkill

3 years on and the stipple effect shows no noticeable dents on my Dynamic Smile

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
12-11-2014 11:23am
bangsters

(12-11-2014 11:23am)PhilSkill Wrote:  3 years on and the stipple effect shows no noticeable dents on my Dynamic Smile

Can you post some pics of that stipple effect. Also, pics of that shiny gloss look. Does it look cheap with a shiny gloss black instead of the default brushed aluminum finish?

Yea the stock brushed aluminum is just too soft, I'm thinking of wrapping them in 3M carbon fiber vinyl since I can't find any replacement besides going to my dealer (which is more expensive I'm sure lol)

12-11-2014 04:05pm
PhilSkill

Only pic on here I have at the moment, but you can't see the stipple effect.
http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-My-Fuji-D...8#pid24928

If the Dealer ever gives me my car back from it's 3rd Service and MOT I can get some pics... last few Warranty items are taking their time... but happy that they are looking at it rather than ignoring it thinking it'll be out of warranty in a few days...

I actually receive top class service from them, so am not complaining one iota. And I have a spanking new Freelander in Firenze for my troubles at the moment!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
13-11-2014 10:30am